Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

5 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

Did Monk tell you , because no one else knows about his behaviour lol well except Hutchinson 

Stop marking your own homework,& read the thread...anyone who has ever managed in any Industry,( i doubt you have) will tell you that this will not end well.

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

i pay attention and ive never seen anything from any member of the club that said he had behaviour problems,  ....i may have missed it so set me straight if you have . 

Perhaps you would care to cut & paste from this thread,(you know,the one your posting in)where i have mentioned 'hutchs' behavior?.....if you had paid attention to the thread,you would have known what my & others misgivings are....

9 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Go on please remind everyone what 'this behaviour' was. Facts and truths only, none of this 'allegedly' nonsense.

Wake up FFS, the CLUBS  alleged behaviour,where have i mentioned Hutchinson?....your asking(and answering) your own Q

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 12.07.19.jpg

"And then they phoned me up as I was watching Loose Women and said 'do you fancy thousands and thousands of pounds by coming back AGAIN. Well of course I was on the next train up to Sheffield. Errr.. oh.... errr... but of course there were lots of other clubs interested... err..... loads"

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/i-am-invested-in-sheffield-wednesday/

Sam Hutchinson opened up on his emotional investment with the Owls speaking to the media on Tuesday morning.

Hutchinson completed a return to Hillsborough earlier this week and despite interest elsewhere, from home and overseas, the 31-year-old said there was only one destination in mind:

“It was always about Sheffield Wednesday. I had options elsewhere and to be fair it’s my agent’s job to see what’s out there and there were offers but this is not about money or anything, it’s about me being back at Sheffield Wednesday.

“I have always had a good relationship with the players, the staff, everyone really. They have been brilliant with me since I came back, it’s the perfect fit.

“The only thing that matters is that Sheffield Wednesday wanted me and I want Sheffield Wednesday.

“These fans have been amazing with me and I really feel for them at the moment missing out on their football.

“But we all know where we are in the world. But I was walking around Sheffield yesterday and there was plenty of people around and I was getting little waves and smiles, and that’s so nice, you know?

“I’m from down south, I’m a real southern boy at heart but here in Sheffield, it just feels like home. My kids love it here, they love Sheffield Wednesday and the kit order is in already!”

With the ink dry on a new Wednesday contract, Hutchinson is chomping at the bit to resume his S6 career and determined to get his teeth into the battle ahead.

First up is the trip to Coventry in midweek and the former Chelsea man has declared himself ready for action.

He added: “I’m hoping to get into the action straight away but that’s not up to me so we will see. If I play I play but if I don’t then I am here to support the boys in every way I can.

“I think it will be emotional when I do pull on the shirt again if I’m being honest. I am invested in Sheffield Wednesday.

“I am so happy right now. In these times it’s something we can all do, there’s nothing wrong with a bit of positivity. There’s been a smile on my face since I signed, my wife says I look happy and that’s exactly the way I feel.”

• Like 1

If we don't have the funds to buy a quality midfielder and if Hutch can keep on the pitch (a big "if" I'll agree) then it seems like a sensible signing to me.  We all know that he is a quality midfielder that can play at centre-half or even right back, he can pass the ball, he adds a bit of bite (too much at times; but that's just him), he can tackle, he can head the ball, his positional sense is as good as it gets, he scores a couple of goals a season and, as an added bonus, HE wanted to return because firstly, he loves the club and secondly, he feels he has unfinished business.  

What's not to like about that situation?  

Welcome back Sam.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Watto said:

Don't be ridiculous.....they are expecting a championship quality midfielder who is better than what we have and stays fit and on the field for the remainder of the season , this is not Sam Hutchinson !

Not ridiculous just realistic

We are quite obviously strapped for cash otherwise we would have seen more signings.

Who you suggesting we go and sign that fits your criteria above that would want to come here knowing the state we are in.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 12.07.19.jpg

"And then they phoned me up as I was watching Loose Women and said 'do you fancy thousands and thousands of pounds by coming back AGAIN. Well of course I was on the next train up to Sheffield. Errr.. oh.... errr... but of course there were lots of other clubs interested... err..... loads"

What's ya beef wi' our Hutch?

I think you might need to give your numero uno Biggsy a video call.