Sam Hutchinson re-signs - OFFICIAL

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dunno on the second point.

We might have convinced Matty James to join us instead of Coventry, perhaps.

We'd probably have struggled to get Jayson Molumby ahead of Preston, though.

Who out there is better than Hutch, available on a free (we have no money we can’t pay the players on time) and is willing to join for a relegation scrap?

I’ve asked this a few times but struggle to get an answer.

• Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Who out there is better than Hutch, available on a free (we have no money we can’t pay the players on time) and is willing to join for a relegation scrap?

I’ve asked this a few times but struggle to get an answer.

It should be our scouting system, our recruitment team and our footballing advisors answering that

Not bob from High Green who's sat in his pants on the internet 

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It should be our scouting system, our recruitment team and our footballing advisors answering that

Not bob from High Green who's sat in his pants on the internet 

I’m sure the recruitment team would love us to spend some money for a younger better version. I’m sure they’ve sounded out players.

But we can’t pay the players on time. We’re skint. These players aren’t going to join us. 

Just the way it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He's more renowned for being sent off, booked, injured and frozen out

Should never have been frozen out by Monk.  When you play on the edge you're always likely to pick up a booking.  I'd rather that than a player that gnashes a challenge.  He's recent injury record wasn't too bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Matty James.

How do you know we didn’t try for him?

And is he that good? Nowhere near the Leicester squad and by all accounts didn’t pull up any trees on loan at Barnsley. 

Also can he cover a few positions like Hutchinson? Don’t think he can. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His last red card was in 2016. 5 years ago.

The last time he was injured was May 2018. Almost 3 years ago.

His last red card was a few months ago, when he tried to remove a Cypriot opponents leg at the thigh. 

• Like 1

Our fans trying to convince their fellow fans that this signing is a good one are like a second hand car dealer trying to talk a vulnerable old woman into spending £20,000 on a knackered old triumph toledo that's been previously written off in a car accident

Proper dirty

Sod off and shut your car pitch down you conmen

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Sad to say this is one of a number of things which mean currently i am no longer enjoying supporting the Club i have loved for over 60 years...I am fed up,I will never change,or support any other Club,but under the current regime my 'support' will consist of watching on TV/Ifollow at the pub(when available) & on local radio.

Not one penny from me until things change,or the Chairman sells up...enough is enough,....

The game may have changed. The rules may have changed. But every team needs a couple of hard tackling , no nonsense defenders. 

OK So Sam Hutchinson and Liam Shaw are in the image of Dave McKay or Paul McGrath. Yet these are the kind of players we have been lacking.

The Officials, many of who have never played any decent level of the game, Make subjective judgements and pull cards like wedding confetti.

I can ware that for Sam in the shorter term and in the longer term I can ware it for Liam too.

A team with a little steel running through the spine !     

• Thanks 1

Just seen a tweet.....

Sam Hutchinson is the best CDM at the club.

Sam Hutchinson is the best fit CH at the club.

At the very least he is as good of a RB as we have at the club.

I cant argue with any of it. His injuries have not been as bad as stated and he has not been red carded since 2016 for us. I cannot see us bringing him back in the situation we are in as anything other than a very good move. 

He will know he has to perform for his contract to be extended at the end of the year. He performs and he is quality and helps us stay in the league. No Brainer.

• Like 3