Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Ruben Dias (23) Eric Garcia (20) Phil Foden (20) Ferran Torres García (20) Gabriel Jesus (23). All young players. All featuring regularly for Manchester City. Manchester City are a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday. I assume the pressure of being expected to win the Premier League is higher than the pressure of trying to avoid expected relegation from the Championship. I don’t understand your point. I don’t understand your correlation between mental fortitude and age. 

The thread is about signing Hutchinson. I don’t believe it is in the best interest of the club because I don’t think Hutchinson will significantly increase our chances of avoiding relegation but I do think it will hamper the development of our young players. My point is clear. What is your point ? 

None of them play week in week out except for perhaps Dias, who’s had a lot of experience already before they signed him. The rest are in and out to allow them to develop 

The whole past 2 seasons the talk about Foden has been how he ‘hasn’t had enough games’, when pep would say he was protecting him.

Also, they come in to a side better than most of their opponents, totally diff environment. 

Shaw will get time even with Hutchinson here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Ruben Dias (23) Eric Garcia (20) Phil Foden (20) Ferran Torres García (20) Gabriel Jesus (23). All young players. All featuring regularly for Manchester City. Manchester City are a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday. I assume the pressure of being expected to win the Premier League is higher than the pressure of trying to avoid expected relegation from the Championship. I don’t understand your point. I don’t understand your correlation between mental fortitude and age. 

The thread is about signing Hutchinson. I don’t believe it is in the best interest of the club because I don’t think Hutchinson will significantly increase our chances of avoiding relegation but I do think it will hamper the development of our young players. My point is clear. What is your point ? 

To add an example from before:

78145E35-61E7-455B-84ED-2C5E13781C8F.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If we were relying solely on him, then it would be.

But I see him as a boost to our squad, and with no fee.

And he's upbeat, which is what we need.

No fee. But wages and potentially a contract longer than the end of the current season. I have no clue because I certainly am not ITK bit for me we have little money to spend and Hutchinson makes no sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

You can keep repeating in every post but it still won’t be true - Sam Hutchinson hasn’t isn’t injury prone. 

Repeat in every post. Really ? How many games has Sam Hutchinson missed through injury? You define the period so I am not accused of biased. What is your definition of injury prone? 

It’s far better to come into a side chasing trophies than a side fighting relegation? Because your playing with better players and are far more likely to shine? Can see why hutch been resigned ? All about staying in this league no iffs or butts the financial implications of getting relegated are scary? Know we can argue all day about getting in this situation but we are here now! Deal till end of season no brainer he can play multiple positions games coming thick and fast rotation the key

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

You can keep repeating in every post but it still won’t be true - Sam Hutchinson hasn’t isn’t injury prone. 

Yes he is, he even had to retire because of injuries. Look at how many games he has played for us in every season he has been with us. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To add an example from before:

78145E35-61E7-455B-84ED-2C5E13781C8F.jpeg

Article from 2017. Would you like me to find an article from 1965 about the merits of “wingless womders?” Dias, Garcia, Foden, 

Torres, Jesus have featured regularly this season as cover for injured first team players.  Actions speak louder than words. 
This thread is about signing Hutchinson which I don’t believe is in the interests of the club as I don’t believe he will positively affect our final league position and I believe it will hamper the development of our young players. That’s my point. What’s yours ?