Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Article from 2017. Would you like me to find an article from 1965 about the merits of “wingless womders?” Dias, Garcia, Foden, 

Torres, Jesus have featured regularly this season as cover for injured first team players.  Actions speak louder than words. 
This thread is about signing Hutchinson which I don’t believe is in the interests of the club as I don’t believe he will positively affect our final league position and I believe it will hamper the development of our young players. That’s my point. What’s yours ? 

Unless Guardiola has completely changed his mind on his philosophy and beliefs, it’s still relevant no?

My point is it won’t hamper their development. Yes those players have featured as COVER. Not relied on to be regular starters and not in our position. 

For me it's not about whether re-signing Sam Hutchison is a good idea in our position. That depends entirely on how much he's getting paid (we'll probably never know) and how fit and effective he will be (we'll soon find out)

The important bit for me is, what does it say about the planning, organisation and recruitment at the football club? Bringing a player back who we deemed not worth a new contract 6 months ago, who subsequently has been occasionally turning out for a midtable side in Cyprus? When we don't even have a manager?

I personally think it says we are a foooking shambles.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

For me it's not about whether re-signing Sam Hutchison is a good idea in our position. That depends entirely on how much he's getting paid (we'll probably never know) and how fit and effective he will be (we'll soon find out)

The important bit for me is, what does it say about the planning, organisation and recruitment at the football club? Bringing a player back who we deemed not worth a new contract 6 months ago, who subsequently has been occasionally turning out for a midtable side in Cyprus? When we don't even have a manager?

I personally think it says we are a foooking shambles.

Well, it was clearly Monk’s decision with his plan. They obviously fell out. That manager then is no longer here. Its possible without Monk then he might not have left. 

Im not saying Monk was wrong/right or any of that, but he was clearly released because of the last manager and him falling out and not down to ability alone

If players are good enough to get in the team play them. If they aren't up to it then no way do you throw them into a relegation fight. Hutchinson improves the side he is better than the options available at present. When we develop or recruit better he will no longer be required but at this moment in time that is not the case. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

None of them play week in week out except for perhaps Dias, who’s had a lot of experience already before they signed him. The rest are in and out to allow them to develop 

The whole past 2 seasons the talk about Foden has been how he ‘hasn’t had enough games’, when pep would say he was protecting him.

Also, they come in to a side better than most of their opponents, totally diff environment. 

Shaw will get time even with Hutchinson here.

Sorry but you’ve confused me even more. Where have I suggested that our young players should play week in, week out ? 
Foden was 18 years old 2 years ago. Where have I suggested we introduce an 18 year old? 
We have Luongo and Joey for CDM. We have Lees, Dunkley, Iorfa, Van Aken, Urhoghide, Brennan, Palmer (at a push) for CB. 
To be clear, this thread is about signing Hutchinson. I DO NOT THINK IT IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF SWFC TO SIGN HUTCHINSON. No one cares. I’m a fan. Just like you. I prefer to use our young players if our first team are injured rather than spend money on bringing Hutchinson back. You want Hutchinson back.  

30 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

You can keep repeating in every post but it still won’t be true - Sam Hutchinson hasn’t isn’t injury prone. 

He played 145 games for us over 7 years. That is just over 20 games a year. Towards end he could hardly play 3 in a row without hobbling off. 

We have not missed him at all this season. 

His personality is also not best. If medical done properly should fail.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, flash said:

Dom says terms and medical sorted. Will be announced in next 24-48 hours! 

Welcome home Sammy lad!! 

Delighted with this 

even more so that it’s upset so many because they believe he’s a crock and has discipline issues

me personally am delighted we’ve got a player in Sam Hutchinson back in this squad 

we’ve never replaced him and the times his been omitted from the squad we’ve regressed 

jos banished him - we went backwards 

monk banished him - we went backwards 

nobody plays like Sam Hutchinson he makes us meaner and gives us license to play more on the front foot 

welcome home Sam

now if we can start looking for a long term replacement that would be great too

the only worry for me now like green when you haven’t played that much football is the match fitness ( don’t mean one or two games ) I mean a load of games in quick succession the recovery will be longer and injuries are more likely 

This will only lead to 30,000 threads of calling him a crock 

it’s going to come down to squad abs gage management 

• Like 5

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Sorry but you’ve confused me even more. Where have I suggested that our young players should play week in, week out ? 
Foden was 18 years old 2 years ago. Where have I suggested we introduce an 18 year old? 
We have Luongo and Joey for CDM. We have Lees, Dunkley, Iorfa, Van Aken, Urhoghide, Brennan, Palmer (at a push) for CB. 
To be clear, this thread is about signing Hutchinson. I DO NOT THINK IT IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF SWFC TO SIGN HUTCHINSON. No one cares. I’m a fan. Just like you. I prefer to use our young players if our first team are injured rather than spend money on bringing Hutchinson back. You want Hutchinson back.  

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Just having a debate on the topic, that’s what this forums for? Sometimes topics are interrelated.

And yes. You think it’s not in the best interests, and I do.

I also want us to use young players as a philosophy, my point is the current situation and environment is not best placed for that and it’s only going to get harder with the trap door looming. 

Do we have the current depth in CM to not rely heavily on someone like Liam shaw? I don’t think we do. 

Bannan obviously always plays, but him aside, Pelupessy is limited (albeit reliable), lounge is out more than available, then you’re looking at the kids. 

My point was if we don’t sign a reinforcement like Hutchinson, we’re going to have to rely on a kid like Shaw to play in nearly every game which isn’t a good position to be in in our situation

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Well, it was clearly Monk’s decision with his plan. They obviously fell out. That manager then is no longer here. Its possible without Monk then he might not have left. 

Im not saying Monk was wrong/right or any of that, but he was clearly released because of the last manager and him falling out and not down to ability alone

Do we know he'll get on with the next manager then?

You see my point, it's all a bit of a farce... Who's made the call to bring him back? Chansiri? The players? Thompson?

For the record I've no truck with Hutchison, I think it's debatable whether he'll be a useful addition or not for us and have sympathy with both points of view... I just think it's another example of how circus-like the club has become.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

We have not missed him at all this season. I think we've missed his fight for the ball.

His personality is also not best. Says who, the guy that let him go and then got the sack.

If medical done properly should fail. If reports are true then he hasn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Do we know he'll get on with the next manager then?

You see my point, it's all a bit of a farce... Who's made the call to bring him back? Chansiri? The players? Thompson?

For the record I've no truck with Hutchison, I think it's debatable whether he'll be a useful addition or not for us and have sympathy with both points of view... I just think it's another example of how circus-like the club has become.

And to be clear I’m only backing the transfer in our current predicament 

The fact that we’ve not managed to suitably recruit previously to avoid being in this situation now is and I agree, absolutely farcical 

• Like 1

I like Hutchinson. Was a bit disappointed he didnt stay. 

However, we have Shaw who looks like he has some potential. I hope that Sam coming back doesnt result in a young footballer stagnating because he misses out on valuable game time, something that he needs if he's gonna get to your level he may he capable of.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Dunkley (new LB)

Shaw Hutchinson Bannan

Green (New ST) Reach

That side should with two new additions in very important areas should be enough to keep us up. Just need to make sure the squad are being paid on time to keep them happy.

Might be a case of having to play Green more down the middle with Harris coming in.

Suppose Windass can do a job up top, though he's another always out with injuries.

24 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And to be clear I’m only backing the transfer in our current predicament 

The fact that we’ve not managed to suitably recruit previously to avoid being in this situation now is and I agree, absolutely farcical 

That's how I'm feeling tbh.

He knows us and we know him. If we get him and he's fit and has the right mindset then we get a good player.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1