Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

47 minutes ago, Quist said:

He played 145 games for us over 7 years. That is just over 20 games a year. Towards end he could hardly play 3 in a row without hobbling off. 

We have not missed him at all this season. 

His personality is also not best. If medical done properly should fail.

this is when figures can be played with ,he aint been here a full 7 years for 1 . and no2 he was banished by monk from beginning of feb till july ,and again by jos . he actually averages 30 games a season not the 20 what your saying . if you know someone better who can cover 2 positions centre mid and centre half where we are short and is 100% match fit ,comes free and wages not too high im all ears . dont get the hate . most of people i know who support weds love him as a no nonsense footballer . 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

this is when figures can be played with ,he aint been here a full 7 years for 1 . and no2 he was banished by monk from beginning of feb till july ,and again by jos . he actually averages 30 games a season not the 20 what your saying . if you know someone better who can cover 2 positions centre mid and centre half where we are short and is 100% match fit ,comes free and wages not too high im all ears . dont get the hate . most of people i know who support weds love him as a no nonsense footballer . 

The really funny thing is Monk said Westwood and Hutch would not play for him again. But both could end up player long after Monk has gone.😂😂😂

• Haha 1

On 21/01/2021 at 21:35, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We'll never know

I do know that Lopez was running games for us

Carlos left him out and the team forgot how to play

We got over run in the away semi At Brighton, Lopez was anonymous. Hutchinson was pivotal in a much stronger second half, I think this made CCs mind up. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We got over run in the away semi At Brighton, Lopez was anonymous. Hutchinson was pivotal in a much stronger second half, I think this made CCs mind up. 

Don’t tell people the truth......they can’t handle the truth

1 hour ago, Quist said:

He played 145 games for us over 7 years. That is just over 20 games a year. Towards end he could hardly play 3 in a row without hobbling off. 

We have not missed him at all this season. 

His personality is also not best. If medical done properly should fail.

We’ve not missed him at all this season?

have you checked the league table

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Hutchinson was anonymous in the final.

Like every one of them...apart from the bad egg westy??

The reason we lost that play off final was Steve Bruce 

he set up two defensive midfielders and dropped his back four 25 yards behind them 

we couldn’t play any football the gap from midfield to strikers was too big and it stopped us controlling the game and playing football

he tactically outclassed us 

The calls for we didn’t turn up are just nonsense Gary hooper was blowing after that game and yet he had no influence on it because of how hull set up and stopped us playing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Ruben Dias (23) Eric Garcia (20) Phil Foden (20) Ferran Torres García (20) Gabriel Jesus (23). All young players. All featuring regularly for Manchester City. Manchester City are a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday. I assume the pressure of being expected to win the Premier League is higher than the pressure of trying to avoid expected relegation from the Championship. I don’t understand your point. I don’t understand your correlation between mental fortitude and age. 

The thread is about signing Hutchinson. I don’t believe it is in the best interest of the club because I don’t think Hutchinson will significantly increase our chances of avoiding relegation but I do think it will hamper the development of our young players. My point is clear. What is your point ? 

I am hoping if we are resigning Hutchinson then this means Shaw is going to play centre back. As I believe this will be his best position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

The reason we lost that play off final was Steve Bruce 

he set up two defensive midfielders and dropped his back four 25 yards behind them 

we couldn’t play any football the gap from midfield to strikers was too big and it stopped us controlling the game and playing football

he tactically outclassed us 

The calls for we didn’t turn up are just nonsense Gary hooper was blowing after that game and yet he had no influence on it because of how hull set up and stopped us playing 

That and the fact they had players soon to be worth millions of pounds.

• Like 1

If his mind is right he is probably the best centre half at the club. Rarely injured or booked when playing there. 

For me apart from Bannan, our best midfield player. Luongo’s injury record equally as bad. 

if it’s a short term cheap option, difficult to argue with it. 

1 minute ago, trotter said:

If his mind is right he is probably the best centre half at the club. Rarely injured or booked when playing there. 

For me apart from Bannan, our best midfield player. Luongo’s injury record equally as bad. 

if it’s a short term cheap option, difficult to argue with it. 

My guess is 18month im not against that he won’t be an high earner even in this reduced salary team 

but he will contribute a lot and have his stamp on the team 

our biggest mistake was releasing him without having a replacement and if what we have signed was a way of replacing him and changing our style of play then we failed 

• Like 1