Jack Marriott returns to Sheffield Wednesday

Obviously shown nothing so far but to be fair to him he was playing in a team that appeared to have a limit of 3 players in their half at any one time. He was never cut out to play one as a lone striker.

Even with Thompson's slightly less defensive approach he might get a little more opportunity to actually get on the ball in the opposition half. 

Clean slate and let's see what he can produce in the 2nd half of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Derby can't afford to have him back and pay his wages so refused to do the callback clause  (this is a guess)

Question is now - does he actually even want to be here?

Derby think so little of him that they sent him back to a club riddled with Covid and locked the gates!

He's bound to finally discover the inner footballer inside him now then. Thomo will get him firing on all cylinders and Cookie will get him firing into the net from Greenie's lovely crosses/rebounds off the post etc. Corking stuff! (Please don't vomit again that bright green made me feel ill and put me off my pistachio cookie).

• Love 1

OK if we have him, we need to find the right partner for him. He can’t play the lone striker role, and I’m not convinced that the right partner is on our books. A tall mobile number 9 alongside, and he might look a different proposition

No worse than what we have. 

However he is the type of player that needs service to score goals. 

I hope Green can help with this or the club is going to bring in a player or two who can create chances for the forwards. 

Most strikers would struggle in our team, even Harry Kane. 

Just now, jp1981 said:

No worse than what we have. 

However he is the type of player that needs service to score goals. 

I hope Green can help with this or the club is going to bring in a player or two who can create chances for the forwards. 

Most strikers would struggle in our team, even Harry Kane. 

It’s more than that, we are well on our way to replicating last season’s mistakes. We have 4 strikers, and not one of them can effectively play the lone striker role Worse still, there isn’t a pairing amongst them. It’s essential we bring in a number 9 who we can pair with at least one of our current strikers

He was absolute bobbins before his injury!

Total waste of a shirt! But, today is a new day and I’m certain he’ll be on the end of every pinpoint cross fired in from Green! Back to back hat tricks nailed on upon his return!!

Chansiri is right, HMS pi55 the league is back on the ocean waves!!

On reflection, I think I better knock off the daytime drinking....

• Like 1

Not ideal but we cant argue with the contract initially agreed!

Didn’t look great originally but that said who did when Monk was in charge! Will give him a chance under a new manager and hopefully some better service through Green too!!

Just hope we look to bring in a big lad with a bit of pace too for up top! 

• Like 1