Jack Marriott returns to Sheffield Wednesday

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When do you think he might be recalled? 

Surely if they have a January window recall clause then that would give them the ability to recall him any time they please in January.  So if the take over goes through they could do it straight away. 

Had it not been for the situation Derby were in and this news come out then I would just have said they don't want him he is ours till the summer.

But I got a feeling they are keeping him here so they don't have to pay him for the next 3 weeks.  Then they will decide on the 31st January what to do with him.

He is also currently injured isn't he.? So this makes even more sense as they can't play him now anyway and will be giving him 3 weeks wages they haven't got that they dont need to do at this time.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Surely if they have a January window recall clause then that would give them the ability to recall him any time they please in January.  So if the take over goes through they could do it straight away. 

I believe that if clubs have an option to recall a player who's out on a season loan in January, they have until the 14th January to decide to do that.

Marriott signed until the end of the season,  without Derby invoking a recall or us cancelling he was always due back here after his injury ,  Flint would’ve been same but we obviously don’t think he’s gonna be fit anytime soon 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s not true I’m afraid, his better games weren’t next to Martin. His best games for Derby were playing in a three up front playing down the middle. Waghorn and Wilson usually as inside forward types side with Mount playing just behind him.

That work with Green & Windass you reckon?

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Marriott signed until the end of the season,  without Derby invoking a recall or us cancelling he was always due back here after his injury ,  Flint would’ve been same but we obviously don’t think he’s gonna be fit anytime soon 

We wouldn't be able to cancel it I don't think or we would have done so already probably.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

At least he is fit by the sounds of it. Feel a bit for the incoming manager having to manage other people’s signings and not his own.

We had already signed Marriott for the season, so in his case he was already part of the squad. Other signings however from now on should be agreed by whoever is our next coach.

3 hours ago, ashamanic said:

Not convinced that "player Derby don't want" is quite what we should be aiming for, but maybe beggars can't be choosers

Conversely,  Derby maybe just as keen as us to manage on a shoe string. Marriot may be just a little sick of being chuffed about and may strain every sinew to shove one up em by banging a few in for us !