Jack Marriott returns to Sheffield Wednesday

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Personally, I’d hope that we do a bit of wheeling and dealing because 5 ill fitting strikers are no use to anyone We’ve been here before haven’t we, and it’s about time we started learning some of these lessons

Nobody will touch Rhodes on his wages.

Some interest in Windass. Paterson was virtually given to us and Kachunga free transfer. I really cannot see us offloading any of these.

Just now, Quist said:

Nobody will touch Rhodes on his wages.

Some interest in Windass. Paterson was virtually given to us and Kachunga free transfer. I really cannot see us offloading any of these.

Maybe there’s a bit of hope that we can move Windass on, he’d be the most likely

52 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We desperately need a target man signing. All the strikers we have are pretty similar. 

It should really depend on how the new manager wants to play. Perhaps the new manager doesn’t want a target man?  

But seemingly we just sign players without the manager’s approval. 

Perhaps Green fits into DC’s philosophy. Whatever that is...

Just now, theowlsman said:

That’s great news, it really is.

With him back, and Rhodes staying, we don’t need to bring in any other strikers. 

With Green providing the crosses, I can see them both doing well.

Ripping the division a new one😏

• Like 1

People saying Marriott is awful, I would suggest the team he was playing in was worse.  I can’t remember many chances his team mates gave him to score from in the games he played for us?

Hopefully we will be signing a target man for him to play off and with Green on the wing and Reach/Harris on the other wing, we will be a much better outfit 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 3

This COULD work out well for us.

He never looked fully fit when he joined us and ultimately broke down. Hopefully he's fit now (or he would still be with his parent club) and we'll see a different striker.

If he can find form and score some goals between now and the end of the season, chances are he'd be feeling pretty settled with us and want to sign a permanent contract when his Derby deal ends in June. Until then, as he's on loan, I assume we're only paying part of his wages, so it's not costing us too much.

Overly optimistic again?

1 minute ago, OriginalAlien said:

This COULD work out well for us.

He never looked fully fit when he joined us and ultimately broke down. Hopefully he's fit now (or he would still be with his parent club) and we'll see a different striker.

If he can find form and score some goals between now and the end of the season, chances are he'd be feeling pretty settled with us and want to sign a permanent contract when his Derby deal ends in June. Until then, as he's on loan, I assume we're only paying part of his wages, so it's not costing us too much.

Overly optimistic again?

I’m with you mate. Optimism all the way.

• Like 2

Just now, wilyfox said:

Marriott is certainly better than he’s shown us so far. 

At Peterborough and Luton he played alongside a mobile target man, even at Derby, his better games were alongside Martin We just don’t have that type of player

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

At Peterborough and Luton he played alongside a mobile target man, even at Derby, his better games were alongside Martin We just don’t have that type of player

..and that’s the signing we need to make next. I’m not spitting feathers over Marriott’s return. Windass has a hamstring problem. Rhodes & Kachunga offer nothing. That just leaves Paterson as the only one showing some form. Get a target man - I’d still consider Gnanduillet - and it should help.

1 hour ago, swfcGibbo said:

Looked shocking but hopefully he's better when not feeding on scraps/working in a more attacking team. My Derby supporting friend really rates him.

Funnily enough I know a couple of Derby fans who rate him also and said “If he is played correctly he will score goals”