Roy Keane

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He hasnt done as bad in management as you initially think.

Well......

Got Sunderland promoted to the Premiership in his first season in charge. No arguments there. But then......

Barely kept them up the next season and quit the season after with Sunderland in the drop zone.

Then had an anonymous couple of seasons with Ipswich during which his most significant achievement was a long winless run almost as bad as the great unwashed across the city.

And that's it. That's his managerial career. Add to that his ability to start a fight in an empty room and it's a big "no" from me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
20 minutes ago, Marro said:

I’d have Keane in a heartbeat.

he was a great player and had that bit of nastiness you needed.  Apologies to the woke people but we need a winner.

Keane will never make it as a manager. Nevermind “woke” people on Owlstalk. It’s the woke narcissistic big girls blouses on the pitch that would crumble under Keane’s management. And it’s the same for all footballers, not just ours. They already cry over hurty words on social media!

10 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Keane will never make it as a manager. Nevermind “woke” people on Owlstalk. It’s the woke narcissistic big girls blouses on the pitch that would crumble under Keane’s management. And it’s the same for all footballers, not just ours. They already cry over hurty words on social media!

Your in trouble now!😉

• Haha 1

Roy Keane has shown very little managerial qualities in his short time as a manager.  We have all worked for idiots like Roy Keane in our professional lives, bosses playing the hard man and trying to lead by fear and intimidation.

doesn’t work.  You don’t want to go to work when you have people like that . Much better to have bosses who listen , are humble , take responsibility and work to improve the team and staff members. 

someone like Stuart gray is, in reality, 10 times the football manager and coach than Roy Keane ever will be . He makes for amusing tv though .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I think he would knock Chansiri into the middle of  next week on day one.

And for that reason alone he gets my 100 percent backing lol, unfortunately in my opinion nobody will turn the club around as it’s toxic at its core, that’s the sad reality 

• Like 1

Great player but hasn't got the right temperament or attitude for management.

From the stories you read about players he managed previously, Keane can't his head around why the players he's managed don't have his attitude, drive and skill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1