Roy Keane

In Harry Redknapp’s book he says that the coaching badges staff felt Keane is the best person they’ve had to complete the badges and he’s surprised he hasn’t had another go at managing.  

I expect it’s Keane’s “ personality”, not his football ability that gets in the way.

Sir Alex had a temper, but with Keane you feel it’s a bit more than that. 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

In Harry Redknapp’s book he says that the coaching badges staff felt Keane is the best person they’ve had to complete the badges and he’s surprised he hasn’t had another go at managing.  

I expect it’s Keane’s “ personality”, not his football ability that gets in the way.

Probably just happy with his life on sky at the moment like most of them are on there. Still heavily involved in football. Without all the worry of getting sacked.

Got a sunderland team that was too good for the league and so was promoted.

Barely stopped up and was sacked early doors the next season for 6 losses in 7.

1st full season at Ipwsich he managed to not win in the first 14 matches and finished 15th.

Got sacked in January the next year with the team in a relegation fight.

Not had a job as a manager in 10 years.

Roy Keane is a garbage manager and anyone suggesting they'd be ok with having him in should be embarrassed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

God I wish we would get on with appointing a manager so I don’t have to keep thinking about this type of scenario!

I am genuinely surprised by the number of people who would actually go for Keane as a manger of Sheffield Wednesday!

If you accept that he’s a good manager (I don’t- my Ipswich fan mate has plenty to say about Keane) how long before he falls out with DC? One week, two?? Then we are back to where we are now!

I joked earlier in the thread about a Keane Barton dream team. Let’s add DiCanio and have the full set of nutters!

24 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think Ferguson did used his hairdryer treatment on players but also knew which ones responded best to the arm around the shoulder.
I dont get the impression that Keane knows that rollocking the players doesnt work the whole time and you need to mix it up.

Not the best record out there but by no means the worse we've had or suggested 

Sunderland and Ipswich respectively

image.png.f6ed2e64e672e870ad822c52e091aa73.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Guest
multiple pictures

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

Not the best record out there but by no means the worse we've had or suggested 

Sunderland and Ipswich respectively

image.png.f6ed2e64e672e870ad822c52e091aa73.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

not sure what happened with the copy and paste there lol

World class player in my opinion and a player that possesses a lot of traits I’d love to see in a captain at Wednesday.

However, I don’t know if we could make much of a worse appointment as a manager. Can’t imagine we have the squad that would react well with his style and we certainly don’t have the chairman. 

Paul Cook please ASAP.

We all make a lot of assumptions when we only have seen Keane the player on the pitch, as a pundit etc. 

We don't see the Keane for example who took a young Man U player under his wing and helped give him advice about his first professional contract.

You dont become captain of Man Utd just by being a shouter. 

Not a good manager IMO, better TV pundit, because he at least has an opinion.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's in the frame though. Chansiri does like dredging up managers from a decade ago, with limited recent experience and usually no recent success. If he once did something within the last 20 years, likely to be on Paxo's shortlist. 

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Got a sunderland team that was too good for the league and so was promoted.

Barely stopped up and was sacked early doors the next season for 6 losses in 7.

1st full season at Ipwsich he managed to not win in the first 14 matches and finished 15th.

Got sacked in January the next year with the team in a relegation fight.

Not had a job as a manager in 10 years.

Roy Keane is a garbage manager and anyone suggesting they'd be ok with having him in should be embarrassed.

Some of our fans need to take the blue and white specs off 

We aren't a big club anymore and we are totally irrelevant in the world of football.

• Like 3