Roy Keane

6 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Some of our fans need to take the blue and white specs off 

We aren't a big club anymore and we are totally irrelevant in the world of football.

Wouldn't be too upset if he was given the job, would raise clubs profile in media etc .. we'd be "Roy Keane's Sheffield Wednesday"

But his temperament would worry me with his relationship with Chansiri.

Not sure that's what we need now, its main reason I'm all for Paul cook who seems to have a big personality that brings people together rather than division

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Wouldn't be too upset if he was given the job, would raise clubs profile in media etc .. we'd be "Roy Keane's Sheffield Wednesday"

But his temperament would worry me with his relationship with Chansiri.

Not sure that's what we need now, its main reason I'm all for Paul cook who seems to have a big personality that brings people together rather than division

Fair point 

Just makes me laugh when some fans turn their noses up 

No ambition.

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

I cannot see many clubs wanting him as their manager The guy causes division and is a thug. Joey Barton in the same mould.and Pearson not far behind.

The Irony of who you've got as your profile isn't lost 

Like Keane and Pearson Big Jack was often accused of being a thug a bully and causing division in some circles back in his day 

15 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Just makes me laugh when some fans turn their noses up 

No ambition.

You want to hire someone who's proved to be a terrible manager and who hasn't had a job in a decade.. I think you might be the one with the "ambition" issue.

Just because you have some fantasy of Roy Keane being amazing for us, don't make it happen. He's a failed manager who can't get a job. We shouldn't hire him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

We aren't a big club anymore and we are totally irrelevant in the world of football.

So because we're "not a big club" we should hire garbage, failed managers that the rest of the football world wouldnt touch with a barge pole?
Great plan there buddy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

The Irony of who you've got as your profile isn't lost 

Like Keane and Pearson Big Jack was often accused of being a thug a bully and causing division in some circles back in his day 

No comparison , Big Jack brought people together, hence why he managed Ireland. 

27 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

We're more relevant than having to appoint a manager who hasn't managed for 10 years though.

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

I'm not for one minute saying he didn't and I loved everything about Big Jack 

I'm just saying he was classed in his playing days and in his early club management days in the same categories as you mentioned Keane and Pearson in  

And you could say Keane brought people together as captain of Man United and Ireland as did Pearson here as Captain and as manager of Leicester  the season before they won the league was a hell of an effort to stay in the league with 15 games to go which they built on to win the league 

sorry I wasn't trying to turn it in to an argument I was just playing devils advocate  

Just now, PARKOWL said:

And you could say Keane brought people together as captain of Man United and Ireland as did Pearson here as Captain and as manager of Leicester  the season before they won the league was a hell of an effort to stay in the league with 15 games to go which they built on to win the league 

Hmmm the South Korea debacle says not, they hate him in Ireland for that

15 minutes ago, cookeh said:

You want to hire someone who's proved to be a terrible manager and who hasn't had a job in a decade.. I think you might be the one with the "ambition" issue.

Just because you have some fantasy of Roy Keane being amazing for us, don't make it happen. He's a failed manager who can't get a job. We shouldn't hire him.

Fantasy tho 🤣🤣🤣

Where did I say that.

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Hmmm the South Korea debacle says not, they hate him in Ireland for that

Fair point although I think it was more the establishment that hated him more than the fans at the time, the fans seem to have calmed down over time regarding it and everyone seemed pretty happy when he was back involved as the assistant to O'Neil, with the exception of one or two players he called out for being injured 

25 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Think Jack Charlton was a man of his time.
I am sure some of the things he used to do as manager wouldn't work these days and might have even got him the sack.
But at the time they were not considered anything unusual. 

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

Got a sunderland team that was too good for the league and so was promoted.

Barely stopped up and was sacked early doors the next season for 6 losses in 7.

1st full season at Ipwsich he managed to not win in the first 14 matches and finished 15th.

Got sacked in January the next year with the team in a relegation fight.

Not had a job as a manager in 10 years.

Roy Keane is a garbage manager and anyone suggesting they'd be ok with having him in should be embarrassed.

That Sunderland side lost 5 games on the bounce before Niall Quinn sacked himself & appointed Keane.

Keane did a great job that year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

I'm not for one minute saying he didn't and I loved everything about Big Jack 

I'm just saying he was classed in his playing days and in his early club management days in the same categories as you mentioned Keane and Pearson in  

sorry I wasn't trying to turn it in to an argument I was just playing devils advocate  

Of course no argument, Big Jack's record as player and manager speaks for itself. Of course as a player he knew how to handle himself and very rarely lost physical  battles. However as a manger he treated all equally and he would never of resorted to physical violence unlike Kean. Big Jack got great respect from his players and was an excellent diplomat for football. You could never say that about Kean.

• Thanks 1