Jordan Rhodes to QPR

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why not just jogged about not doing much most games. I never got the impression he was busting a gut to change his fortunes.

Comes across to me he was going through a bad bit of form and just accepted it to easily.

From what I know from a contact of his close family he is absolutely gutted by his lack of game-time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

From what I know from a contact of his close family he is absolutely gutted by his lack of game-time.

Should have tried harder in training.

Sure if he accepted a wage cut he could have got another club by now but too interested in taking the easy money at Wednesday.

In my opinion, Rhodes is finished as a top level striker at this level. To all these saying he will score loads of goals elsewhere. He went to Norwich for a season and didn’t hit double figures. If he played a full season, at best he might get you 10 goals.

Funny how no manager for us seemed to play him on a regular basis.

We’re they all wrong?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

In my opinion, Rhodes is finished as a top level striker at this level. To all these saying he will score loads of goals elsewhere. He went to Norwich for a season and didn’t hit double figures. If he played a full season, at best he might get you 10 goals.

Funny how no manager for us seemed to play him on a regular basis.

We’re they all wrong?

Should have never taken the gamble to bring him here from Middlesborough, he was failing badly then, cost us a small fortune, partly responsible for our demise.

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Should have never taken the gamble to bring him here from Middlesborough, he was failing badly then, cost us a small fortune, partly responsible for our demise.

He cost Chansiri......

If he cost me as a season ticket holder.....it was a paltry sum.....we are fans.....not owners

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

As opposed to Windass, Marriott and Kachunga?

What else do they offer that offsets their 3 goals in a combined 2500 minutes?

Some pace on the counter attack for a start. Kachunga can play in a couple of positions and all three are different players to Rhodes. 

Windass needs some competition as he’s been missing too many but Rhodes wouldn’t be near some of them as he’d get the ball 30 yards out back to goal and need someone to come short and take it off him and wait for him to get in the box. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

For balance.

Notice anything about the striker we all seem to want to leave?

Record for Wednesday 19/20 & 20/21

Rhodes - Goal every 261 minutes

Windass - Goal every 314 minutes

Kachunga - No goals in 559 minutes

Marriott - No goals in 319 minutes

Have we met before ?

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Some pace on the counter attack for a start. Kachunga can play in a couple of positions and all three are different players to Rhodes. 

Windass needs some competition as he’s been missing too many but Rhodes wouldn’t be near some of them as he’d get the ball 30 yards out back to goal and need someone to come short and take it off him and wait for him to get in the box. 

I’ll look for those qualities in the league tables and see if they are there. 

I face facts. Our current striking options are just awful.

In my opinion, and I know you don’t share it, Rhodes is the least awful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Simply not true, and that same period also gives the lie to this nonsense about him not having a decent run of games to show what he can do. After he first arrived, he missed just 1 of the next 23 games (rested for an early round cup stroll against Chesterfield), starting 16 of them. He scored THREE goals in the equivalent of half a season's work. In the three and a half years since then he has started only 29 more games for the club as a succession of managers were prepared to try players out of position rather than him, even during a couple of severe injury crises. 

His current form for Wednesday, dating back to the last game of 2017, is 21+27 appearances and 5 goals, which includes that hat-trick miracle in Nottingham. 

Facts and figures...not welcome in this debate. 
He’ll come good with the right service, the managers know nowt.

3 hours ago, Shot down in flames. said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t it true that the Scottish lads were here for 5 years and never started a game together 

All I remember from Simon Donnelly was that goal he scored against Derby (that we allowed 2 goals in stoppage time...) and that's it. O'Donnell I genuinely don't remember a thing about him other than he passed away playing for Motherwell a few years after he left us. I wonder how many millions that alone cost us

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Facts and figures...not welcome in this debate. 
He’ll come good with the right service, the managers know nowt.

Isn’t the question whether he’ll come better than Windass, Kachunga and Marriott?

Although I accept that we MIGHT buy well with the money we make from his sale or loan.

But I would urge caution. What is our recent track record in the market? And if we buy/loan badly, are we happy that Kachunga and Marriott are better than the devil we know?

9 hours ago, Watto said:

Are they for real ?? 

Please let this be true , Rhodes is an absolute nothing footballer , no pace , no strength and little ability who has forgot what it's like to score goals.

I honestly think he's done at this level but am hoping QPR think differently.

Guess you're a glass half empty type?