The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

37 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

BRITT ASSOMBALONGA is set to complete a £2m move to Bristol City today – with Robins striker Famara Diedhiou under consideration as one of the Middlesbrough captain’s potential replacements.

Bristol City officials held talks with the Middlesbrough hierarchy over the weekend, and are ready to table a formal offer for Assombalonga, who has entered the final six months of his current contract on Teesside.

Very good signing for that price. Bristol City will have a decent strike partnership up top with him and Nakhi Wells. Depressing to think we have Paterson (not a dig at him as he's doing his best but we're far away from Bristol City's level right now)

4 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Very good signing for that price. Bristol City will have a decent strike partnership up top with him and Nakhi Wells. Depressing to think we have Paterson (not a dig at him as he's doing his best but we're far away from Bristol City's level right now)

He’s biff!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I think Shaw will sign a new contract today.

The only way he will sign a contract is if there is a clause in it to go in the Summer following relegation / fee trigger - you'd hope he'd help protect the club he supports with some fee.... even if we could get 500k-£1m for him...think we're resigned to losing him in the next 12 months due to this club. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bladeshater said:

And if we did we wouldn't have as many points as we have

I can’t dispute such a baseless quote...but I struggle to imagine how we could have realistically collected less!

We’d, almost certainly, have scored more than 16 goals in 25 games. 

I’m by no means suggesting Brown as the obvious saviour who is sat right in front of our eyes...but our decision to hoard as many cloggers into the squad at the expense of quality, is one of the major reasons why we are probably the most boring side in the EFL and staring relegation straight down the barrel. 

• Love 2

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Would’ve been ideal for us but let’s be honest we aren’t going to be signing anyone today when we can’t even pay the players we’ve already got.

You say that, but I bet we do though.

Never understand that there with Boro & Bristol City.

Both have strikers in their last 6 months, each team wants the other player. Just shake hands and swap them. Bristol City offering £2mill for a player in his last 6 months is crazy enough, but it’s even worse given the fact they’ve got a bargaining chip in Diedhiou. 

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Never understand that there with Boro & Bristol City.

Both have strikers in their last 6 months, each team wants the other player. Just shake hands and swap them. Bristol City offering £2mill for a player in his last 6 months is crazy enough, but it’s even worse given the fact they’ve got a bargaining chip in Diedhiou. 

Accounting purposes? A cash figure I guess goes into balance of selling club? Able to spread cost for buying club.