The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

18 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I actually think that Rhodes would score enough to keep us up if partnered with someone to play off of. I'm not saying he'd be prolific but I certainly think he can score goals in open play. I'm really surprised him and paterson haven't been tried more.

I'd also like to see a front three with Green and Kachunga off of a target man, but that's unlikely with the rest of the team we have. Kind of needs a more competitive midfield which regardless of being a two or a three just doesn't full me with confidence with Bannan in the middle.     

I guess it's a player as close in type to Gestede needed to partner him.

It worked at Rovers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I actually think that Rhodes would score enough to keep us up if partnered with someone to play off of. I'm not saying he'd be prolific but I certainly think he can score goals in open play. I'm really surprised him and paterson haven't been tried more.

I'd also like to see a front three with Green and Kachunga off of a target man, but that's unlikely with the rest of the team we have. Kind of needs a more competitive midfield which regardless of being a two or a three just doesn't full me with confidence with Bannan in the middle.     

While I don't disagree, think having 2 play as strikers and spend time in the opposition box would be a start.

So many times we get into crossing positions and have nobody in the middle. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Hamstring injury waiting to happen, just like last time. Only played a handful of games.

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ashraf Lazaar is trying to get a move away from Newcastle..... think we should get him back anyone ?

If he can prove his fitness we should be all over this. Could do with a good quality LB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we get anyone it'll probably be Wickham on loan. We'll struggle to get him fit and on the pitch. People will be angry as to why we've signed him. He'll have 2 good games towards the end of the season then people will be screaming to sign him as he can get '20 goals a season'. Even though in his career to date he's only scored 43 league goals in 11 years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, striker said:

While I don't disagree, think having 2 play as strikers and spend time in the opposition box would be a start.

So many times we get into crossing positions and have nobody in the middle. 

Probably finding the right partner for Rhodes or Marriott, is our best hope of scoring goals It probably wouldn’t be the way ahead for me, but given what we currently have, that will be the best way forward 

Any target man brought in to partner them though, needs to be mobile. Having two static strikers just waiting in the box won’t work at this level, and limits our attacking options Neither Rhodes nor Marriott can run through anymore.

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

If we get anyone it'll probably be Wickham on loan. We'll struggle to get him fit and on the pitch. People will be angry as to why we've signed him. He'll have 2 good games towards the end of the season then people will be screaming to sign him as he can get '20 goals a season'. Even though in his career to date he's only scored 43 league goals in 11 years. 

And never scored 10 let alone 20 goals in a season.

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Probably finding the right partner for Rhodes or Marriott, is our best hope of scoring goals It probably wouldn’t be the way ahead for me, but given what we currently have, that will be the best way forward 

Any target man brought in to partner them though, needs to be mobile. Having two static strikers just waiting in the box won’t work at this level, and limits our attacking options Neither Rhodes nor Marriott can run through anymore.

Why would you find a partner for two players that we never play, Rhodes is not even making the match day 20 at the moment and Palmer is more prolific this season than Marriott. 

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why would you find a partner for two players that we never play, Rhodes is not even making the match day 20 at the moment and Palmer is more prolific this season than Marriott. 

That why I said, it wouldn’t be the way ahead for me. All our forward options are ineffective

• Thanks 1

Just now, wilyfox said:

Max Clark back to Hull. That’s a surprise. He’s better than league one. We’ve been linked in the past.

Core yeah, that is a surprise. He would have sorted our left back problems out. He was recognised as one of the success story’s as far as Brits in Holland were concerned