The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

2 good signings for Forest in Murray and Garner. Would have been very happy with both here. Sad times. 

Also trying for Pigott at Wimbledon. Forest will have 4 very good strikers on top of having Knockaert and Lolley out wide they have some strong options. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

Is that resigned, as in packed in his job, resigning himself to another few years at this madhouse or re-signed? lol

Resigned from his current club and resigned himself to re-signing for us

... for less than £7k :Chansiri:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we can only offer money for Pickering at the end of the season, that suggests we will only be getting loans. No club is going to accept such a bizarre offer in the current climate.

My money is still on panic signing Wickham during the last hour.

Wickham has been out since Oct 20 with serious injury - he is on the mend but still a few weeks off from being match fit. I believe he would be too volatile/ injury prone and costly to be the forward we are looking for.

Just don’t think we would get 10 games out of him so pass at this stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bolton9owl said:

Wickham has been out since Oct 20 with serious injury - he is on the mend but still a few weeks off from being match fit. I believe he would be too volatile/ injury prone and costly to be the forward we are looking for.

I doubt we will either. But I can see him coming as a last minute panic buy. 

2 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Will fly through our medical, no problem. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s compete, or throw in the towel. If we are serious about fighting the drop, bring in the tools for the manager to do the job, or accept our fate, and start cost cutting for league one 

Think we started the cost cutting 2 years ago. We are now likely to have about 12 senior pros on the books if the likes of Bannan, Reach, Westwood walk at the season end. Truly alarming times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That could be a very shrewd signing for them.

He's not been scoring as much in recent seasons, but he's still a decent target-man who knows every trick in the book when it comes to hold-up play.

Yep 

17 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think we started the cost cutting 2 years ago. We are now likely to have about 12 senior pros on the books if the likes of Bannan, Reach, Westwood walk at the season end. Truly alarming times.

We needed a significantly better window than our rivals If that ain’t gonna happen, then we have to offload Bannan and Reach, if we are to get anything for them, and it won’t be much. Bannan has already indicated that he would see what we did in this window before making his mind up about a new contract

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We needed a significantly better window than our rivals If that ain’t gonna happen, then we have to offload Bannan and Reach, if we are to get anything for them, and it won’t be much. Bannan has already indicated that he would see what we did in this window before making his mind up about a new contract

No wonder his transplanted hair seems to be quite thin, he must have been scratching his head wondering what on earth has happened at the club during the last few weeks.

Just had a quick look at Wickham’s appearance numbers on Wikipedia.

The lad has played 54 games since 2015, including 13 for us!

Just under 11 per season. He’s 27 so should be in his prime but is so plagued by injuries his career looks like its over. 
Based on the above I can very much see him here on Monday morning!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don't think he will sign a new contract if we go down and Reach has been very quiet,  may well have already done his deal . If we are to have any chance we need to bring in at least 1 forward and in reality probably need 2. I just think DC has no idea of the mess we are in.

• Like 1