The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Howson saying loans. Not ideal IMO, kind of rules out Tom Pearce which seemed a great deal for us. Same with a striker, it’s still something we will still need to address permanently in the summer.

We constantly plaster the cracks with a couple of last minute loans. 

Could do loan with a view to perm in the summer? Although Wigan want money up front apparently? Also thought wickham was injured again? Mind you that’s him most of the time 

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

There is a quote in welsh media from Neil Thompson about Rhodes... It's about why he's not starting and how he feels about it, here is the quote:

"Jordan's one of the six strikers we've got and trying to find the right permutation is difficult.

"Jordan comes into that group and he's just got to keep focus.

"It's frustrating for all of them whether they're not involved or they're on the bench.

"That's life as a footballer I'm afraid."

Who are these six strikers we have?

I’ve no idea mate, but I’ll hazard a guess that he thinks Paterson’s a striker

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Even if you include Paterson, Windass & Kachunga there are still 2 more strikers to identify??? 

Sales pitch. Can’t say he’s the only striker we’ve got but he’s that bad I would rather play a full back or any random midfielder than him. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Even if you include Paterson, Windass & Kachunga there are still 2 more strikers to identify??? 

Green & Marriott 

Marriott & Rhodes are the only ‘recognised’ strikers at the club. The other 4 have spent most of their careers in midfield or defence!

• Like 4

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Green & Marriott 

Marriott & Rhodes are the only ‘recognised’ strikers at the club. The other 4 have spent most of their careers in midfield or defence!

The mystery is solved! 6 strikers, who knew! I really cannot wait for next season and the rebuild to begin properly, without the legacy constraints of mistakes made over last few years.

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

The other thing is, if we bring in a big target man, who doesn’t really score goals, but might bring others into play, which of those three are suddenly going to start firing them in? All are good for the odd cameo role, but none of will get the goals we need

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Green & Marriott 

Charles Hagan - our 40 goal a season man from next year!

Just now, gurujuan said:

The other thing is, if we bring in a big target man, who doesn’t really score goals, but might bring others into play, which of those three are suddenly going to start firing them in? All are good for the odd cameo role, but none of will get the goals we need

I actually think that Rhodes would score enough to keep us up if partnered with someone to play off of. I'm not saying he'd be prolific but I certainly think he can score goals in open play. I'm really surprised him and paterson haven't been tried more.

I'd also like to see a front three with Green and Kachunga off of a target man, but that's unlikely with the rest of the team we have. Kind of needs a more competitive midfield which regardless of being a two or a three just doesn't full me with confidence with Bannan in the middle.     

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Howson saying loans. Not ideal IMO, kind of rules out Tom Pearce which seemed a great deal for us. Same with a striker, it’s still something we will still need to address permanently in the summer.

We constantly plaster the cracks with a couple of last minute loans. 

Hopefully one of them is Juke. Loans always involve a fee, a shorter version of the transfer value. For example, say we wanted to buy a player for £3m on a 3 year contract, if we were to loan him for a year, it would attract a £1m loan fee. This doesn't rule out Pearce, if he is in fact under consideration. 

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Hopefully one of them is Juke. Loans always involve a fee, a shorter version of the transfer value. For example, say we wanted to buy a player for £3m on a 3 year contract, if we were to loan him for a year, it would attract a £1m loan fee. This doesn't rule out Pearce, if he is in fact under consideration. 

We dont pay loan fee's we just ask for them !

• Haha 2