The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

12 minutes ago, malek said:

Guess so.

Forever hoping that we might sign top prospect on permanent deal that would be a base to build around for the future. Leonard is cheap, available and very, very good player.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Byers is anything special, but he used to be highly rated early in his career. Portsmouth fans labelled him lazy and that is a worry.

Portsmouth fans didn't rate Kevin prince boating and he ended up in champions league whilst they were in L2.

I wouldn't take them too seriously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

I hope if that's the case we'd get sims and Corbeanu and miss out on Johnson 

Not sure I agree, we need Johnson for his versatility. Can play anywhere on the left, He'd be an ideal squad member.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I hope we still get Sims. He’d be our player and he’s still only 24. Best years very much ahead of him still you’d like to think. 

Hopefully we get both, all about options in this league. Seems to have gone quiet on sims

Edited by peterbottom14

One thing Darren Moore has definitely shown is he’s not daft when it comes to squad depth, like Monk was at times. 

He’ll have seen yesterday the need for two wide options as competition/back up for Green and Shodipo. Fully expect us to sign at least Johnson in addition to Corbeanu. 

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

One thing Darren Moore has definitely shown is he’s not daft when it comes to squad depth, like Monk was at times. 

He’ll have seen yesterday the need for two wide options as competition/back up for Green and Shodipo. Fully expect us to sign at least Johnson in addition to Corbeanu. 

Monk, with tied hands, created one of the freakishky imbalanced squads in Championship history. Darren, with even tighter binds, has had to really work hard to readress the balances in positioning, wages, depth, age, quality etc. And its a process that will probably take longer than this season. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Monk, with tied hands, created one of the freakishky imbalanced squads in Championship history. Darren, with even tighter binds, has had to really work hard to readress the balances in positioning, wages, depth, age, quality etc. And its a process that will probably take longer than this season. 

Paxo

Owlstalk Shop