The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Not many out and out strikers available, especially on free transfers. I agree with your concern, but this lad much more able to play up front than Paterson and we haven't seen Kamberi yet. 

Looks like we will have a lot of pace up front though, could be a very good dynamic, perhaps avoiding the need to an extent for an old fashioned lump up front to bounce the ball off.

I would be getting in touch with Brentford and asking to take Marcus Forss on a season loan, a young Finnish striker who played on loan at Wimbledon two season ago scoring 11 in 18 and played a lot last season but second fiddle to Toney on 9 starts in 39 appearances scoring 7 goals, with their promotion to the EPL his playing time is going to be lessened and a championship team will come calling, that why we need to get in now for him. Would be the striker we need. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would be getting in touch with Brentford and asking to take Marcus Forss on a season loan, a young Finnish striker who played on loan at Wimbledon two season ago scoring 11 in 18 and played a lot last season but second fiddle to Toney on 9 starts in 39 appearances scoring 7 goals, with their promotion to the EPL his playing time is going to be lessened and a championship team will come calling, that why we need to get in now for him. Would be the striker we need. 

If they let Forss go it will be to Championship club.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Corbeanu looks to be a central striker. 

My Canadian mate says he’s better on the right of a front three. Can play centrally though.

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we manage to sign Johnson, Corbeanu and Sims (big fan of his) imo we are only an out and out striker short of having a very good league one side. Still desperately need a goal scorer, otherwise all this creativity will go to waste I fear. 

If we add Byers and a left sided CB to what you've said then top 6 is a genuine possibility.

37 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

How many wingers do we need? Surely not 5. I can't see all three of Corbeanu, Sims and Johnson signing - Johnson looks all but done now as well. I know Corbeanu can play up front as well, but certainly isn't an out and out player. Don't think we will sign all three

If only we had a fox in the box, somebody who could get on the end of  a good cross.   Like say Jordan Rhodes………

• Haha 2

Johnson, Sims, Byers and Corbeanu would give us 2 senior options for each position except centre half

BPF / Wildsmith

Hunt / Palmer

Iorfa / Dunkley

Hutchinson / NEW

Johnson / Brown

Adeniran / Luongo

Bannan / Byers

Corbeanu / Sims

Wing / Windass / Dele-Bashiru

Shodipo / Green

Kamberi / Paterson

It’s easy to get tunnel vision on a centre forward. It’s less glamorous but we could very well end up with a front 4 all chipping in 12+ goals.

• Love 1