The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

32 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I know we're a step down and these players maybe wouldn't be good enough to have kept us up last season, but I'm looking at our incomings and absolutely scratching my lil head as to why we didn't bring these types of players in a year or two ago on these types of deals. Surely we would have been far better off than what we are now? Is it a case of Moore unmuddying the recruitment waters at Hillsborough, or is it that we just needed relegation to actually hit the reset button? 

The type of business we're doing right now is mouthwatering considering the momentum we've had to put up with for the last couple of years. 

I think there are likely a few things at play; the DM factor and his rep in the game. It seems many players want to play for the bloke, compare that to Jos, Monk, Pulis - you'd be worried if a player came out and said they signed due to wanting to play for one of those! 

Then you have the covid factor, which has seen clubs trim their squad size and wage budget, which i think this season has played in to our hands, kind of like a perfect storm. 

On top of that, Paxo's grubby hands have been removed from the club, or so we're told, which means a refreshed outlook on the transfer policy, lead by a manager who has a philosophy and the contacts to recruit for his preferred system.

Now we just need Chansiri to stop meddling and provide the club with the staff it needs off the pitch to be a success commercially too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Byers looks like been done eventually and I do agree with previous comments that some kind of agreed fee down the line will be in place

Still been told that Marvin Johnson is a Wednesday player,  and don’t think they’ve given up on Josh Sims either 

Be 2 excellent signings 

If we sign Sims along with Johnson then I reckon we’ll be playing Windass up top

Otherwise we’ll have Johnson, Sims, Green, Shodipo, Windass, Corbeanu all battling it out for 2 spots

40 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Im happy the refresh has happened and I’m reluctant to think we will make top 6 with all these new players.

No matter what dc has to start running the club properly now and remember to strengthen in areas we need no matter what division we are in next year and also remember to get rid of any not upto standard or keep them past there best

Many of them are on loan so it won't be such an issue as the past few years.

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

As strange as it sounds I think we are putting a team together that is better than the one we had in the Championship the last few seasons. 

Agree, I'd have been happy with these signings in the championship, never mind L1. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

I think there are likely a few things at play; the DM factor and his rep in the game. It seems many players want to play for the bloke, compare that to Jos, Monk, Pulis - you'd be worried if a player came out and said they signed due to wanting to play for one of those! 

Then you have the covid factor, which has seen clubs trim their squad size and wage budget, which i think this season has played in to our hands, kind of like a perfect storm. 

...and DM's contacts.  They are looking like they have been worth their weight in gold.  

Jos didn't have any, Monk seems to burn bridges wherever he goes and Pulis is a dinosaur.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Chat see green getting much of a chance if we sign Johnson and sims probably best I think he’s destined to become our boo boy ( just a hunch ) 

I agree, Green has done nothing to warrant him being a regular starter. It's the story of his career in recent years, promises a lot but produces very little.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I agree, Green has done nothing to warrant him being a regular starter. It's the story of his career in recent years, promises a lot but produces very little.

Yep I agree Sadley though with how some people voice their opinions on social media I think he will get crucified by some of our fans and become the new villain 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

As strange as it sounds I think we are putting a team together that is better than the one we had in the Championship the last few seasons. 

I want to agree with this, but, for me, there are too many unknowns as to how some of our signings will pan out. Given they are frees and loans, it would be realistic to think not all will come good. Fingers crossed they do but we’ll have to wait and see. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll compete at the top of the league I guess.

• Like 1

Really happy with the signings so far. I think Moore has done a great job of building an exciting squad especially considering the limitations we have been put under with regards to transfer fees. 

I know I’ve read that wage limits have been placed on teams such as Derby and Reading during this transfer window but I was wondering if we had been given any limits in that area. I read lots of different possibilities when we were still under the embargo (That seems ages ago now) but I can’t remember what the final decision was. 

Considering where we were having finished the season, both on and off the field, all credit has to go to DM and the recruitment team for what we are assembling. It's miles better than I would have imagined, even if some of the players don't turn out as good as we'd hoped, restrictions or not from the EFL. 

The bonus is I think its given us fans a shot in the arm, meaning we are starting the season with a little optimism, when it could have been all so different. I hope we can have decent start to help carry this for the fans. 

If we can get Johnson and Sims then either a ST or CM and a reserve CB, we are well covered, as we have players that can play several positions if needed. If we can do that, then get some of our youngsters on loan for game time, I seriously don't think anyone could have asked for better. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It’s absolute make or break for him. All his issues seem to be in his head. He has the physical attributes, he just seems to freeze. BUT, early, early days. He needs game time, time with big Daz and some believe shown in him. Other than that, the ball is firmly in his court.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Leicester City striker George Hirst was spotted at Portsmouth training earlier today and it is understood that if Danny Cowley does opt to sign him, it would be on loan.

He’s utter garbage