The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

We now need to add with one eye on promotion as we don't have many capable of playing Championship football next season if we do get promoted. 

We proved that deals can be done although we can't pay transfer fees this season. 

Just now, malek said:

We now need to add with one eye on promotion as we don't have many capable of playing Championship football next season if we do get promoted. 

We proved that deals can be done although we can't pay transfer fees this season. 

Getting promotion is going to be hard, no idea how this season will pan out. Will worry about the championship if we and when we get there. Sense we need to be patient, team will take time to gel. As long as we are moving in the right direction on and off the pitch, promotion or not , i can live with that.

• Like 3

It's a great first game to see what level we're truly at. Charlton finished 7th last season, joint 6th on points.

They have a solid manager for the league in Nigel Adkins and have signed 27 year old Stockley from Preston as their big summer signing, around 500k. 

They have lost Chuks Aneke though, who signed for Birmingham. He played 38 games, scoring 15 for them last season. 

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

It's a great first game to see what level we're truly at. Charlton finished 7th last season, joint 6th on points.

They have a solid manager for the league in Nigel Adkins and have signed 27 year old Stockley from Preston as their big summer signing, around 500k. 

They have lost Chuks Aneke though, who signed for Birmingham. He played 38 games, scoring 15 for them last season. 

Yeah, it's a tough first test that.

I wouldn't be disappointed with a point tbh.

First game, new league etc.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Still think we need

Left sided CB for cover (be ideal if he could cover LB too)

Right sided winger 

Left sided winger

Centre forward

Then we are set.

We just signed a right winger, corbeanu, sounds like we are after cosgrove as the cf so the lad from wolves will be RW

For someone supposedly skint. Chansiri sure is spending money here. I know the wage budget has gone down, but he is still paying wages. And surely some type of fee agreed with George Byers?

Just doesn’t add up for a club who have been struggling to pay players over the past year or so. 

So bizarre

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For someone supposedly skint. Chansiri sure is spending money here. I know the wage budget has gone down, but he is still paying wages. And surely some type of fee agreed with George Byers?

Just doesn’t add up for a club who have been struggling to pay players over the past year or so. 

So bizarre

I honestly think the latest payment debacle was him having a strop.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So bizarre

He has obviously taken on some investment recently I would imagine.

Or maybe the problems did stem from money flow issues between Thailand and the Club?