The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For someone supposedly skint. Chansiri sure is spending money here. I know the wage budget has gone down, but he is still paying wages. And surely some type of fee agreed with George Byers?

Just doesn’t add up for a club who have been struggling to pay players over the past year or so. 

So bizarre

Bet we are saving 120-140k a week since all those big earners now gone? Massive amount of money? So even if he spends 1/3 of that he still saving serious money? Can’t fault him backing moore after wots gone on? But like you say just bizarre wot has happened over the last few yrs? 

Just now, Mick70 said:

Bet we are saving 120-140k a week since all those big earners now gone? Massive amount of money? So even if he spends 1/3 of that he still saving serious money? Can’t fault him backing moore after wots gone on? But like you say just bizarre wot has happened over the last few yrs? 

No I’m incredibly surprised and eating humble pie with our recruitment and business so far. I thought all indications were pointing to serious trouble and liquidation. But a club on the ropes don’t make signings like we have. 

Hopefully there’s no nasty surprises round the corner. Feeling very positive about Moore and our recruitment.

• Like 2

I know we're a step down and these players maybe wouldn't be good enough to have kept us up last season, but I'm looking at our incomings and absolutely scratching my lil head as to why we didn't bring these types of players in a year or two ago on these types of deals. Surely we would have been far better off than what we are now? Is it a case of Moore unmuddying the recruitment waters at Hillsborough, or is it that we just needed relegation to actually hit the reset button? 

The type of business we're doing right now is mouthwatering considering the momentum we've had to put up with for the last couple of years. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I’m incredibly surprised and eating humble pie with our recruitment and business so far. I thought all indications were pointing to serious trouble and liquidation. But a club on the ropes don’t make signings like we have. 

Hopefully there’s no nasty surprises round the corner. Feeling very positive about Moore and our recruitment.

Agreed seems we have a manager who knows his plan and recruits for the plan in place? Also seem to be able to attract players which not all managers are able to do? I honestly expected a few freebies and a couple of cheap ( probably young kids ) loans and a season of struggle with off field problems and moore walking ! Up to now gobsmacked players like Wing peacock Farrell and jack hunt have dropped to our level? One good cf and think we’ll be in the mix 

Im happy the refresh has happened and I’m reluctant to think we will make top 6 with all these new players.

No matter what dc has to start running the club properly now and remember to strengthen in areas we need no matter what division we are in next year and also remember to get rid of any not upto standard or keep them past there best

1 minute ago, toooldforthis said:

Have all those that swore they’d never buy another ticket til Chansiri left got their Season Tickets sorted yet?

I've bought one for the first time in years.

I hope my money goes towards paying wages.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Do we know why the kit on Sunday didn’t have Chansiri on the front?  It was a competitive game so seems odd it wasn’t there? Maybe the kits with Chansiri weren’t ready yet 

A Saudi Arabian oil company are rumoured to be putting money in, but they are very very high profile (Saudi royalty and sponsor F1, they financed the deal to bring a race there in December) so I doubt they'll be interested in a failing L1 club.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think this is the case too. Nixon certainly hinted that he’s loaded and wasn’t sure why he wasn’t paying players on time.

I can’t work the bloke out. There’s no one like him. 

Absolutely.

Utterly infuriating.

Let's be honest, most managers in League One would be delighted with the backing Moore is getting atm. Like a lot of the managers, Chansiri has stumped up some cash and allowed them to bring in players.

And yet you can never be quite sure when the next batsh*t mad thing is going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

A Saudi Arabian oil company are rumoured to be putting money in, but they are very very high profile (Saudi royalty and sponsor F1, they financed the deal to bring a race there in December) so I doubt they'll be interested in a failing L1 club.

Screenshot_20210802_123814.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You mean the Football Manager fantasy thing on Instagram? lol 

Byers looks like been done eventually and I do agree with previous comments that some kind of agreed fee down the line will be in place

Still been told that Marvin Johnson is a Wednesday player,  and don’t think they’ve given up on Josh Sims either 

Be 2 excellent signings 

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes I saw that fake news earlier 😀 Wondered if we did have a genuine sponsor lined up to help with these finances but it’s just going to be Chansiri again isn’t it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Byers looks like been done eventually and I do agree with previous comments that some kind of agreed fee down the line will be in place

Still been told that Marvin Johnson is a Wednesday player,  and don’t think they’ve given up on Josh Sims either 

Be 2 excellent signings 

Makes sense still need signings that aren't loan deals to fill squad

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

I like how the local journos have said cosgrove is on a shortlist of strikers we are looking at, I’d like to know who else is on that list 

"on a shortlist" is a huge cop-out imo. Player signs and they can claim credit. Player doesn't sign and the club just "pursued other options" on the shortlist.