The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

11 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Hope this doesn’t mean Sims isn’t coming in aswell.

Hopefully Johnson is sorted soon and the situation with Byers is resolved with them hiring Russell Martin. 

I wonder if the master plan is for us to have Sims, Shodipo, Johnson and Corbeanu to play as a fluid front 4 in the 4-2-3-1, and then if/when the new striker (whose name escapes me- apologies... starts with a K) is playing he's in  the "1" with three of those four in a fluid "3".

To me, many of these inside forwards/wingers could play in the hole behind the striker, as could Wing, so for me the exciting thing is the flexibility offered by our front options.

To be honest, if I were someone like Bannan, I'd be looking at the players coming in and getting excited at the pace and mobility offered vs what we've had on offer for the last 3 years.

I'm also sincerely impressed at the genuine authority that DM is stamping on the squad by revolutionising the type of attacking player we typically have seen over the last few years...

5 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Wonder if Corbeanu is instead of Sims

Number 9 still available 

Quite possibly.

I'd be delighted if we got Sims and Johnson.

Be some real depth and quality.

Just now, s29wfc said:

Think that will be Byers mate.

Guess so.

Forever hoping that we might sign top prospect on permanent deal that would be a base to build around for the future. Leonard is cheap, available and very, very good player.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Byers is anything special, but he used to be highly rated early in his career. Portsmouth fans labelled him lazy and that is a worry.