The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

12 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Wolves mate says he’s a striker who can play on wing , very quick and can finish , reckons he’s champ level already 

He needs to go to a club where he'll get plenty of games and make a mark. I'd say we fit that bill if DM thinks he's the right player for the job.

Few weeks ago I feared the worse - could see a possibility of academy players being the bulk of the match day squad.

Now I’m starting to get a real buzz about this season - optimism in the fanbase will make a bit difference at the games too 

Edited by Owly Mowly
  • Like 1

How many wingers do we need? Surely not 5. I can't see all three of Corbeanu, Sims and Johnson signing - Johnson looks all but done now as well. I know Corbeanu can play up front as well, but certainly isn't an out and out player. Don't think we will sign all three

3 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

How many wingers do we need? Surely not 5. I can't see all three of Corbeanu, Sims and Johnson signing - Johnson looks all but done now as well. I know Corbeanu can play up front as well, but certainly isn't an out and out player. Don't think we will sign all three

Johnson can also play LB. Theo can play upfront and simms out wide.

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Not many out and out strikers available, especially on free transfers. I agree with your concern, but this lad much more able to play up front than Paterson and we haven't seen Kamberi yet. 

Looks like we will have a lot of pace up front though, could be a very good dynamic, perhaps avoiding the need to an extent for an old fashioned lump up front to bounce the ball off.

9 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I think Corbeanu will be signed as a centre forward. Sims will join. 

11 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Corbeanu looks to be a central striker.