The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

Not sure we'll be in the market for a CB this summer,  Maybe one at a push,  Presuming Hutch re signs then we'll have Hutchinson, Iorfa, Dunkley,  Borner and Brennan if we activate his extra year. I'd say there's more pressing matters further up the pitch.

As it stands you’re right but once iorfa is up and running I can see him attracting interest. Then in a years time we will have none. So wage dependent it could be a solid move.

See winger Jordan Graham refused new contract at Gillingham. Scored  12 in 39 and aged 26. Is he worth considering?

Won't have been on high wages.

Connor Ogilvie, same club also refused new contract. Aged 25 can play CB or LB. Comments on Gills forum seem to rate him. 

Being objective, if we’re going to go down DM’s preferred formation of 4231 then there has to be a lot of reshuffling as a lot of our current squad don’t fit into the formation. Bannan for instance doesn’t really fit as either a defensive midfielder or a number 10. Perhaps you could play him on the left of the attacking 3 but ideally you want pacy players who can score playing either side of the 3 which Bannan is Neither? A lot of work for DM ahead.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2021 at 11:22, malek said:

Pigott would be ideal, but there will be plenty of interest in him and certainly from the league above.

How about Lafferty on one year deal ? He is a veteran, but one that ticks all the boxes, wouldn't demand high wages and just had great season with Kilmarnock. Should fit in with how Moore wants to play as well.

I've had enough of watching Big Time Charlies like Lafferty play for us.

Sonny Bradley would be a great signing. He’s from this neck of the woods too. Would be frustrating if Ipswich managed to get him. 

47 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

See winger Jordan Graham refused new contract at Gillingham. Scored  12 in 39 and aged 26. Is he worth considering?

Connor Ogilvie, same club also refused new contract. Aged 25 can play CB or LB. Comments on Gills forum seem to rate him. 

Signed him for league 1 club on FM back in the day and was class for me. On that basis, 5 year deal!

It's incredible, we still have clubs whose seasons have technically not even ended yet... 

... and yet any pre-season glimmers of hope I had are fading fast. No idea why. Just feel that we're not going to recruit as well as we could do on paper considering our relative size and how blank our slate is. Crikey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Birmingham boy & they’re interested. Seems as though he used Gills as a one season stepping stone to reignite his career after injury. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ogilvie ended up somewhere like Millwall 

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I've had enough of watching Big Time Charlies like Lafferty play for us.

Perhaps you are right, but on 1 year deal and low wages perhaps he could do the short term job for us in League One. Although I'm generally against signing "such" players, but striker that guarantees goals are always very expensive.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shame about Urhoghide. Ridiculous we didn’t get him tied down long term when he made his breakthrough. Another DC blunder to add to the list.

How many more examples DC does not value youth.

You only have to look at the kids in the development squad all one year deals. 

Compare that to other teams who value youth and give out 2-3 year deals, they won't be on that much, not in comparison to the money we waste on loans, pelupessy, JVA, Westwood, Dunkley.

But once again we let good young players leave for the compensation fees. Motorways planning no clue, welcome to the DC era.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Perhaps you are right, but on 1 year deal and low wages perhaps he could do the short term job for us in League One. Although I'm generally against signing "such" players, but striker that guarantees goals are always very expensive.

You mean like Collins at Luton , free agents in 4 weeks would get 20+ goals in league one for us next season and would be on less than the £12k a week we waste on Pelupessy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How many more examples DC does not value youth.

You only have to look at the kids in the development squad all one year deals. 

Compare that to other teams who value youth and give out 2-3 year deals, they won't be on that much, not in comparison to the money we waste on loans, pelupessy, JVA, Westwood, Dunkley.

But once again we let good young players leave for the compensation fees. Motorways planning no clue, welcome to the DC era.

It will be interesting to see how will he handle Bailey Cadamarteri. If Cadamarteri keeps progressing at rate that he is and Chansiri treats him like he treated every other youngster, he will be gone for peanuts before he turns 18.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s incredible how some are getting their panties damp with worry after a few rogue press reports nearly 3 months away from a ball getting kicked.  

I’ll remember this post on transfer deadline day when we’re scrapping around for desperate loans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Defo take sonny Bradley, chucks would offer us something different. As someone said can’t see Bannan fitting in with Moore’s preference? If the right offer comes in can see Bannan getting sold to fund the rebuild ( maybe windass too) need a proper striker for this level cus still can’t see Paterson or green getting the required goals from up top 

52 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ll remember this post on transfer deadline day when we’re scrapping around for desperate loans.

That’s the time to have moist pants. Honestly don’t know how some of you lot through the day. 

• Like 2