The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, marshy said:

Anything in this reported link with Will Boyle, 25 yr old CB at Cheltenham Town. Scored a few too. From Garforth Leeds.

seems too young for us. 
we prefer the crocks and a last pay day. 

He looks a bit like Tom Lees so maybe we will swap them and tell DC he’s still here 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

He looks a bit like Tom Lees so maybe we will swap them and tell DC he’s still here 

Eye probably. 
According to Nixon, reported interest in Lees from udders. Would seem plausible, no need to move. 

14 minutes ago, marshy said:

Anything in this reported link with Will Boyle, 25 yr old CB at Cheltenham Town. Scored a few too. From Garforth Leeds.

seems too young for us. 

Tall, gangly, left footed central defender that played at left side of their back 3.

Voted into League Two team of the season despite getting injured and missing fairly big part of the season.

Jack Whatmough is a 24 years old CB who is out of contract at Portsmouth, would be good addition if we can afford him. We were linked with him couple of years ago.

Cook is starting revolution at Ipswich, released most of out of contract players and made others available for transfer.

One of those is Luke Woolfenden, 22 years old with plenty of league One experience and certainly worth of taking a look at.

25 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The other striker at Exeter, Jay looks to be coming good too. Has a similar build to Sharp and Hooper and scores some good goals. A rocket of a shot.

Well aware of Jay since watching him play for Exeter U-18's when they beat Manchester City (Peterborough's Christy Pym was in goal). Good player, nippy and skillful. Not an out and out striker though and usually plays next to one or behind lone striker.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Well aware of Jay since watching him play for Exeter U-18's when they beat Manchester City (Peterborough's Christy Pym was in goal). Good player, nippy and skillful. Not an out and out striker though and usually plays next to one or behind lone striker.

Yes he links up with Adthe sorry Ryan Bowman 

• Haha 1

I’ve mentioned him on here before, but Jimmy Keohane 10 goals and a couple of assists from fullback for Rochdale last season 

May well have just been relegated to league two with Rochdale, but he’s worth a look for me 

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve mentioned him on here before, but Jimmy Keohane 10 goals and a couple of assists from fullback for Rochdale last season 

May well have just been relegated to league two with Rochdale, but he’s worth a look for me 

Played wing back as Rochdale used 3 in their back line, though. Good player that can play bot FB and WB and can cover both flanks. Very consistent performer that one their POTY award.

Aaron Morley, Oliver Rathbone and Stephen Humphrys are all worth taking a look at. Neither would cost much and are all good players at right age that could improve and in time perhaps play at level above.

Plenty of good left backs available on free this Summer: Jimmy Keohane, Josh Ruffels, Connor Ogilvie, Reece James, Luke Garbutt and Amari Bell.

Any of these with Galvin as back up would do for next season (Garbutt would be my last pick)

13 minutes ago, malek said:

Played wing back as Rochdale used 3 in their back line, though. Good player that can play bot FB and WB and can cover both flanks. Very consistent performer that one their POTY award.

Aaron Morley, Oliver Rathbone and Stephen Humphrys are all worth taking a look at. Neither would cost much and are all good players at right age that could improve and in time perhaps play at level above.

Plenty of good left backs available on free this Summer: Jimmy Keohane, Josh Ruffels, Connor Ogilvie, Reece James, Luke Garbutt and Amari Bell.

Any of these with Galvin as back up would do for next season (Garbutt would be my last pick)

Ogilvie would be my pick, suspect he goes to Champ though, absolute warrior and the type were desperate for 

Ruffels is a good player, again think he may end up in the champ regardless of play offs outcome with Oxford 

James and Keohane should be targets for us

Seen the Bristol City and Huddersfield released lists - a few other lists I thought it would be worth sharing:

Reading:

Sone Aluko

Sam Baldock

Tennai Watson

Sam Walker

Millwall:

Shane Ferguson

Shaun Williams

Frank Fielding

Coventry:

Max Biamou

Amadou Bakayoko

Preston:

Billy Bodin

Graham Burke

Josh Ginnelly

Louis Moult

David Nugent

5 hours ago, marshy said:

seems too young for us. 

Boyle is a crock fear not missed large parts of this season with a knee injury - came back and injured it again 

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Seen the Bristol City and Huddersfield released lists - a few other lists I thought it would be worth sharing:

Reading:

Sone Aluko

Sam Baldock

Tennai Watson

Sam Walker

Millwall:

Shane Ferguson

Shaun Williams

Frank Fielding

Coventry:

Max Biamou

Amadou Bakayoko

Preston:

Billy Bodin

Graham Burke

Josh Ginnelly

Louis Moult

David Nugent

Wouldn’t take any of them 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, malek said:

I keep banging the drum on getting Ogilvie but you’re right, any of those would be good.

16 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Reading:

Sone Aluko

Sam Baldock

Tennai Watson

Sam Walker

Millwall:

Shane Ferguson

Shaun Williams

Frank Fielding

Coventry:

Max Biamou

Amadou Bakayoko

Preston:

Billy Bodin

Graham Burke

Josh Ginnelly

Louis Moult

David Nugent

Bodin is an interesting one. Bristol Rovers’ star man in this league a few seasons back but an ACL injury stopped his career progressing in the championship.

Id say stay away cos of the injury record but it’ could be someone we end up looking at.

23 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Reading:

Sone Aluko

Sam Baldock

Tennai Watson

Sam Walker

Millwall:

Shane Ferguson

Shaun Williams

Frank Fielding

Coventry:

Max Biamou

Amadou Bakayoko

Preston:

Billy Bodin

Graham Burke

Josh Ginnelly

Louis Moult

David Nugent

For me, one of the most interesting out of players that Reading released is Ryan East. He is a soon to be 23 playmaker and captain of their U-23 side. Watched him plenty of times, he never failed to impress and is in my opinion miles better than both Hunt (plays similar role to him) and Dele-Bashiru. Problem would be that if you are looking to develop player with little first team experience you would want someone younger than 23.

Btw. Here is fairly accurate and regularly updated list of out of contract players from all 4 leagues:

Out of contract - Summer 2021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Moore had some good young loans at Donny. John-Jules, Sims, Smith...

Think we'll end up signing a couple of his former players too. LB Reece James and winger Jon Taylor probably most likely options.

Reece James would be a cracking signing for us. 

28 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Worked with Moore very recently at Donny too. Would certainly be a logical signing.

Been offered a new deal at Donny. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if we were in for him.