The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, malek said:

For me, one of the most interesting out of players that Reading released is Ryan East. He is a soon to be 23 playmaker and captain of their U-23 side. Watched him plenty of times, he never failed to impress and is in my opinion miles better than both Hunt (plays similar role to him) and Dele-Bashiru. Problem would be that if you are looking to develop player with little first team experience you would want someone younger than 23.

Btw. Here is fairly accurate and regularly updated list of out of contract players from all 4 leagues:

Out of contract - Summer 2021

Tettey and vrancic from Norwich are pretty useful

I’d take MacGillivray from Portsmouth,   POTS down there and a Harrogate lad so should be up for a move North 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I’d take MacGillivray from Portsmouth,   POTS down there and a Harrogate lad so should be up for a move North 

Me too, been mentioning him a while. Seems a good shot stopper and one of the few in that league that could arguably play in the championship. Maybe needs to work on coming for the ball but he’s performed well in some really big games for Pompy and must edge our nervy keepers.

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Ogilvie would be my pick, suspect he goes to Champ though, absolute warrior and the type were desperate for 

Ruffels is a good player, again think he may end up in the champ regardless of play offs outcome with Oxford 

James and Keohane should be targets for us

Not seen much of any of these.

But

The most games James has managed in one season is 27.

And Keohane is 30 now.

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Me too, been mentioning him a while. Seems a good shot stopper and one of the few in that league that could arguably play in the championship. Maybe needs to work on coming for the ball but he’s performed well in some really big games for Pompy and must edge our nervy keepers.

If Portsmouth can’t keep hold of him,  makes me suspect there’s big wages on offer for him somewhere 

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Not seen much of any of these.

But

The most games James has managed in one season is 27.

And Keohane is 30 now.

Not too fussed about signing 30yr olds if there fit and can do a job,   Keohanes stats last season are P 44 S 10 and 2 assists 

I think he’s better than anything we’ve got, knows the division , and he’s out of contract 

Low risk 

36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not too fussed about signing 30yr olds if there fit and can do a job,   Keohanes stats last season are P 44 S 10 and 2 assists 

I think he’s better than anything we’ve got, knows the division , and he’s out of contract 

Low risk 

Free transfer, low wages, probably a better option than Odubajo at least. 10 goals from wing back is impressive.

14 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Boyle is a crock fear not missed large parts of this season with a knee injury - came back and injured it again 

Sounds absolutely perfect for us then. Fits our requirements. 

• Haha 1

Chansiri hasn't submitted this year's accounts yet, so there's no chance of the transfer embargo lifted soon.

Does he think by dragging things out for months, that the authorities will then suddenly bust a gut to speed up matters for him?

At this rate other clubs will have signed the players we want before we get the green light to sign anybody.

Truly disastrous leadership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Taylor Richards please. 

He’ll end up on loan in the championship. Already had a successful enough loan spell in league one so Brighton will want to move him up.

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'd take Sam Baldock for next season. Was prolific at this level for MK Dons and Bristol City. 

Scored 24 in 2013 in league one for Bristol. Otherwise his best goals return in a season is 14 and that was back in 2011. He’s also 32 now. Hardly prolific.

So yes we’ll probably be interested in him 🙄🙄

• Like 2

Had a trawl through free agents again to see who might be out there, think we can pick up some decent additions potentially. Some may be bad recommendations or unrealistic, one or two tongue in cheek, if anybody has any opinion on any of them would be interesting to hear:-

GK

Joe Lumley (QPR, 26) - Played at Donny Rovers recently and looked like he did well. Plenty of experience, more realistic than Walton.

CB

Reece Burke (Hull, 26) - Been in Hull's promotion side, 4 goals. Probably go higher than us however.

Kean Bryan (Dem Shithouses, 24) - Recently went on loan to Bolton. Mixed reviews but that's been at Prem level.

Gary Cahill (Palace, 35) - Now's your time Gary, just cut your wages by about 95% please.

Sonny Bradley (Luton, 29) - Made around 100 championship appearances, again, might go higher but worth a shot, can't imagine wages being enormous.

Matty Pearson (Luton, 27) - Apparently did very well during Luton's promotion season, again, can't imagine wages being massive.

LB

Dan Potts (Luton, 27) - Another Hatter, again wages wont be huge.

Reece James (Donny, 27) - Moore and him worked before, seems to be doing well at Donny.

Luke Garbutt (Blackpool, 27) - Scored 4 goals last season, has played LW though.

RB

Jack Hunt (Bristol City, 30) - Steady in the Championship, think he'd do well at a level lower.

CM

Pelly Ruddock (Luton, 27) - What is it with 27 year olds from Luton. Solid in the Championship, might we'll go higher.

Henri Lansbury (Bristol City, 30) - How is he only 30?! Wages could be a stumbling block, but will get you goals from midfield, something we sorely lack.

Nick Powell (Stoke, 27) - How is he only 27??!! Wages again, and will probably go somewhere higher than us. Again will get you goals though.

Alex Pritchard (Huddersfield, 29) - Done it at this level before, will score goals, injuries may be an issue.

LW

Kyle Edwards (WBA, 23) - Read that Moore rated him highly when at WBA, maybe worth a punt.

Sammy Ameobi (Forest, 29) - Always does well against us, would do well in L1 imo.

RW

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (Middlesbrough, 29) - Wages probably a stumbling block, but would do well in L1 imo.

Josh Bowler (Everton, 22) - Just spent last year at promotion winning Hull. Would be worth a punt.

ST

Martyn Waghorn (Derby, 31) - Solid in the Championship, a bruiser and would score in L1. Wages unknown.

Chuks Aneke (Charlton, 27) - Like him when I see him. Big guy but also skilfull and scores.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

He’ll end up on loan in the championship. Already had a successful enough loan spell in league one so Brighton will want to move him up.

Scored 24 in 2013 in league one for Bristol. Otherwise his best goals return in a season is 14 and that was back in 2011. He’s also 32 now. Hardly prolific.

So yes we’ll probably be interested in him 🙄🙄

I don't know why but I thought he'd scored a few for MK Dons too. Still think he'd be useful in League One. Needs some experience up top along with some more youthful players. 

• Haha 1

Dom linking us with Chuks Aneke

out of contract at Charlton

Someone I wanted when he was at MK Dons AND at Crewe.  16 goals for charlton this season. 27 years old. Would be at the top end probably of the type of forward we can get.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1