The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Dom linking us with Chuks Aneke

out of contract at Charlton

Someone I wanted when he was at MK Dons AND at Crewe.  16 goals for charlton this season. 27 years old. Would be at the top end probably of the type of forward we can get.

Struggles with injury when he starts regular games though. That’s my concern with him.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, malek said:

Largely back up for Stockley last season.

..because he couldn’t get through games.

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Struggles with injury when he starts regular games though. That’s my concern with him.

I know

Perfect for us.

To be fair, if he’s scored 16 when he’s struggled with injury then it’s an upgrade on strikers who stay fit but don’t score at all 😂

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Dan Crowley has just been released by Birmingham. He would be a quality signing in League 1 and at 23 plenty of time to show them they are mad to release him.

good player

4 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Dan Crowley has just been released by Birmingham. He would be a quality signing in League 1 and at 23 plenty of time to show them they are mad to release him.

Allegedly has a bit of a chip on his shoulder & a Billy big boy attitude from his Arsenal days.

but a talented player nonetheless 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest wilyfox
Just now, FlyingOwl said:

I know

Perfect for us.

To be fair, if he’s scored 16 when he’s struggled with injury then it’s an upgrade on strikers who stay fit but don’t score at all 😂

3/4 of his Charlton apps were as sub. Could be useful impact player like Charlton have used him, but I’d have reservations over how many starts we’d get out of him. History says he would breakdown.

7 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Not a bad shout, still there is a list of 5 to 10 "playmakers" that are available on free or for little money and that I rate highly. Any of these would be great signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Allegedly has a bit of a chip on his shoulder & a Billy big boy attitude from his Arsenal days.

but a talented player nonetheless 

He was excellent for Brum, ironically under Monk. He reminds me of a John Paul Mcgovern. Lots of effort, good on ball and good intelligence. Not lightening but not slow.

Karanka came in signed a load of foreign wingers and he got squeezed out.

Perhaps being released from them will be a wake up call. I would much rather have a player who plays like Crowley than Harris or Reach, even at Championship level.

Jordan Archer would be a good GK signing. Only 28 so years left and has good experience for a keeper still relatively young. Played in the Millwall team as number one when they last got promoted and has also been their number one in the Championship. Would be miles better than Dawson or Wildsmith and obviously on less wages and less inury prone than Westwood.

• Like 2

Didn’t realise Aneke was injury prone. He’s done well in spite of that. 

Sonny Bradley would be a cracking signing for league one. A monster like Rob Jones. Ipswich are favourites but he’s from Hull so you never know he might want to move closer to home if we lose any more CBs.

The line of “it’s only frees and loans” this summer isn’t really a big deal given there are so many players without a club and most teams will not be spending on fees this summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Didn’t realise Aneke was injury prone. He’s done well in spite of that. 

Sonny Bradley would be a cracking signing for league one. A monster like Rob Jones. Ipswich are favourites but he’s from Hull so you never know he might want to move closer to home if we lose any more CBs.

The line of “it’s only frees and loans” this summer isn’t really a big deal given there are so many players without a club and most teams will not be spending on fees this summer.

Not sure we'll be in the market for a CB this summer,  Maybe one at a push,  Presuming Hutch re signs then we'll have Hutchinson, Iorfa, Dunkley,  Borner and Brennan if we activate his extra year. I'd say there's more pressing matters further up the pitch.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2021 at 11:22, malek said:

Pigott would be ideal, but there will be plenty of interest in him and certainly from the league above.

How about Lafferty on one year deal ? He is a veteran, but one that ticks all the boxes, wouldn't demand high wages and just had great season with Kilmarnock. Should fit in with how Moore wants to play as well.

Great call that. Pretty good injury wise aswell I think. 

27 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Not sure we'll be in the market for a CB this summer,  Maybe one at a push,  Presuming Hutch re signs then we'll have Hutchinson, Iorfa, Dunkley,  Borner and Brennan if we activate his extra year. I'd say there's more pressing matters further up the pitch.

true but I think Iorfa will go,  and I can see Dunkley and Borner struggling to hold down their places.