The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

14 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Why do people think we are in a position to offer competitive wages at League One level?

We have a owner who is not going to put anymore money in, and who refuses to sell. Future money from season tickets has already been spent in covering previous years losses. People are not going to risk buying new season tickets with the risk of a lockdown. POTG money will hardly make a dent in the numbers, and we make sweet FA from the commercial side of the club.

All things looking rosy then eh 

He’s never said he won’t put anymore money in,  lot of guess work and assumptions going on 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

2 goals in 17 games last season in league one. Not great is it. 

If he had scored 25 in 30 we’d not have a chance would we. We are where we are. He’s young enough to have another good season like he did at Northampton and has more facets to his game than ANY of our strikers including Windass

21 hours ago, malek said:

Where Chansiri said that he won't put anymore money in ?

It is a genuine question as I certainly missed it and thought that him offering Bannan two year deal on what probably makes him one of the highest (if not the) paid players in League One ?!

He hasn’t said anything like that. But i think he is now looking to reduce the outgoings which we needed to do anyway.

21 hours ago, malek said:

Where Chansiri said that he won't put anymore money in ?

It is a genuine question as I certainly missed it and thought that him offering Bannan two year deal on what probably makes him one of the highest (if not the) paid players in League One ?!

I think some people are letting their hatred of Chansiri spill into OTT negativity towards our chances next season.

I’m happy to wait to see the retained list, which of the 12 under contract players actually stay and who we sign... then I’ll make an

objective judgement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

2 goals in 17 games last season in league one. Not great is it. 

don’t care what he’s done elsewhere. This club needs to wise up and start signing players likely to show their best stuff at Wednesday, and stop obsessing about previous record for other clubs.

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I can see this happening.  Solid championship defender who has played the whole of his career in Yorkshire. I’d be sorry to see him go but I think it’s time for a change for both parties.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Jim said:

I can see this happening.  Solid championship defender who has played the whole of his career in Yorkshire. I’d be sorry to see him go but I think it’s time for a change for both parties.

for the best, all round.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

don’t care what he’s done elsewhere. This club needs to wise up and start signing players likely to show their best stuff at Wednesday, and stop obsessing about previous record for other clubs.

yes but surely him only scoring 2 goals for a striker in the league we are in next season is slightly concerning? 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Thing is we now have a manager who looks to improve players so this is very much the kind of signings we’re likely to make.

He also seems to like working with players who have lost their way a bit. So the recent links with Ravel Morrison and Henri Lansbury have some mileage IMO.

It’s easy to criticise Moore for his record here so far but I believe DC has made the right appointment in him. DC’s Rep in the game may be a bit on the low side st the moment but that is in total opposite to Moore’s. Players will want to play for him and we may get better loans in now than we’ve had in recent seasons?

IMO there is no way we should be offering Tom Lees a new deal

He’s a good stopper but very, very limited on the ball and given the options we have under contract it really doesn’t make sense to retain him. 

Börner, Hutch, Iorfa and Dunkley isn’t a bad set of options for CB in league one. We probably just need one more option as back up

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, hallam_stallion said:

I think some people are letting their hatred of Chansiri spill into OTT negativity towards our chances next season.

I’m happy to wait to see the retained list, which of the 12 under contract players actually stay and who we sign... then I’ll make an

objective judgement.

This is what is happening in a nutshell. It may well go to sh17 but it could also be another Hull situation. We need to see who we are starting the season with before writing us off. The gulf financially between L1 level and the championship is huge. 

• Like 1