37 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

WhiteOwl91 said the following re Paul Cook:

"I’ve not seen anything that goes beyond decent on his CV?"

Well how about?

Chesterfield promotion

Cook head hunted by Portsmouth

Portsmouth promotion

Cook head hunted by Wigan Athletic

Wigan Athletic promotion (resigned when they went into Admin)

The biggest worry is that Birmingham City are doing pretty badly at present and they might just nip in and nick Paul Cook.

Head hunted by Portsmouth (League 2) and Wigan (League 1), I said his CV is decent. I still don’t value that as above decent. I’m not saying his CV is bad.

Pearson got 2 promotions with Leicester and then had Prem jobs for example. That’s a superior CV.

For instance other people in the betting, Fink, 2 Swiss leagues and a Swiss cup then 2 cups in Japan. You can knock the leagues but I’d argue a Swiss super league is a tad superior to L1 and L2 promotions.

My point is so many people seem all in for Paul Cook like he’s the standout choice, when I really don’t think his CV is enough to make him that much of a standout candidate 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Often these manager polls are pretty evenly-split.

But good to see that a third of the respondents know about Paul Cook and his achievements and have voted for him.

I know about him and what he’s done and haven’t voted for him. 

Doesn’t mean I belittle what he’s done, but there’s plenty out there

20 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Have you got a spare one...........

Seppuku is the Japanese ritual self-disembowelment. 
It normally requires only a short sword or even a sharp carving knife would do. 
Traditionally you would write a ‘death poem’ before the act and wear a white kimono, which sounds like a bit of a faf really.
Obviously I sincerely hope you (and indeed anyone) don’t do it but better to be well informed about the matter before you make the final decision. 

• Haha 1

Has to be Paul Cook. Would be a good step up for him and we would get an excellent motivator who should be able to get that vital extra few percent extra out of this group of players. Watched Chesterfield a few times during their promotion season and his team played some great football.

Big decision for Chansiri and the future of the club.   

Personally I would go for the likes of Fink, Jemez, Torrent or Walter and have  someone like Hutchinson as a player/assistant coach.  But at the moment it’s sounds like Cowley and Cook are on the shortlist which surprises me.  But whoever Chansiri feels is the right man for the job I will support 100% and will claim is the greatest manager ever.  UTO

Pearson for me is the obvious choice, but doubt he’d take the job.

otherwise I’d probably go for fink. Played at the highest level (I know that doesn’t mean much but might give him some respect from the players) and sounds like he’s done well wherever he’s gone

• Like 2

I don't think anyone is a shoe in to be a success.  Pearson has said time and again that he doesn't want to manage Wednesday for reasons that are fair enough.  Fink is a wild card and his CV is decent, yet hardly inspiring.  I wouldn't mind Lowe, but a relegation battle against a very troubled club situation would be a real Championship baptism of fire for him.  Holloway's career has been very patchy in recent years.  Also, I'm pretty sure Howe and Bilic have higher aspirations.

I'd go for Cook personally.  There's no guarantee of success of course, but he's proven himself numerous times in the past.  More importantly, he knows what it's like to be caught up in a relegation battle in the Championship and would have succeeded in escaping with Wigan but for the points deduction.  As for an earlier comment saying that 2/3 of the fans who voted in the poll don't want him, it would be more fair to say that he's not the first preference for 2/3.  I think more than 1/3 would be happy to have him even if he's not everyone's first choice.

• Like 1

I went for Pearson as I think he would get us going in the right direction but it wont happen and I don't think he'd work with Chansiri. It has to be a big character so not knowing anything about Torrent or Fink (or most of the rest) I would think Slaven Bilic would be next best (but still unrealistic) and probably able to be diplomatic enough to work with Chansiri.