• David Wagner
    • Fatih Tekke
    • Paco Jemez
    • Christian Gourcuff
    • Quique Sanchez Flores
    • Roy Keane
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Slaven Bilic

When I said a third of respondents wanted paul Cook as the next Manager which is an unusually high figure in a vote such as this Sherlyegg commented:

"That means 2/3 don't want him"

This is not the case.  I voted for Paul Cook would be happy with Pearson or Danny Cowley.

A third of respondents want Paul Cook and voted for him but many others would perhaps feel OK about his appointment.

Paul Cook knows the league, knows the lower leagues to find gems just as he did at Wigan Athletic and above all he knows how to win football matches.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

When I said a third of respondents wanted paul Cook as the next Manager which is an unusually high figure in a vote such as this Sherlyegg commented:

"That means 2/3 don't want him"

This is not the case.  I voted for Paul Cook would be happy with Pearson or Danny Cowley.

A third of respondents want Paul Cook and voted for him but many others would perhaps feel OK about his appointment.

Paul Cook knows the league, knows the lower leagues to find gems just as he did at Wigan Athletic and above all he knows how to win football matches.

Cowley? we dodged a bullet there at Huddersfields expense, one journo described him as a young Wilkinson, what an insult to Howard. He's more like Pulis. 

Guest FoxOwl12

Lets be honest folks,  after the mismanagement of more than twenty years our club needs restructuring from top to bottom,  and we need to bring in people to achieve that. It will take a long time but it needs to be done. Chansiri has spent hundreds of millions but not wisely. We need to bring in a top class CEO with an in depth knowledge of how to run a football club, a Director of Football and of course a top class coach. We need a long term strategy not a series of short term fixes. A proper scouting system to identify young players as well as any experienced ones we require. An upgrade to our academy system, better training facilities etc. A big wish list I know, but I would rather have a few years of restructuring, than bouncing along at the bottom as we have been, driving us all crazy along the way. I would doubt whether Chansiri is the type of owner to take the required route, but I hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Paul Cook knows the league, knows the lower leagues

Knowing the leagues means sweet FA..

Ask pulis or monk, rowett or cowly.

The 'unexperienced' managers in this league are in the top half.

The 'experienced' managers are in the bottom half.

It makes no difference (within reason) who the next guy is..sometimes things click into place, most times they don't.

29 people have voted for the useless dinosaur that is Ian Holloway. 

Not for the first time , I'm wondering if any of our supporters actually follow football. 

Thompson and Bullen deserve to keep going, as long as it is apparent that they have the commitment of the players. 

Out if that depressing list of options,  I have gone for David Wagner..seemed to create a hard working,  effective team in this division that did better than could be expected. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sherlyegg missed out my other point that Paul Cook was excellent at spotting players who can step up in the lower divisions.

He spotted Keiffer Moore and Jemal Lowe and took them to Wigan.

Jemal Lowe  is now the Championship's form player at Swansea.

I’ll probably get ridiculed but, whatever! 

I’d like Holloway. I know he’s a bit “old hat” now but he has a bit of character about him plus he likes to play attractive football. I just think he would bring a bit of fun back to SWFC. 

Edited by shandypants

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I’ll probably get ridiculed but, whatever! 

I’d like Holloway. I know he’s a bit “old hat” now but he has a bit of character about him plus he likes to play attractive football. I just think he would bring a bit of fun back to SWFC. 

And relegate us in the process. Sick of merry go round of recycled has beens, given situation I would stick with Thompson for the time being. I am really not convinced DC will choose the right one but more likely someone who will be a yes man.

Edited by Big Jack

It probably needs to be a list of who I'd be okay with rather than who I want. A lot on the list are absolutely awful and I'd rather have Thomo in charge till end of the season. 

Morais, Jemez, di canio, campbell, holloway, keane would all be absolutely awful. 

Morais and Jemez in particular and I'd be putting the house on relegation

Guest Andy W
On 02/01/2021 at 17:07, George said:

Which four lunatics voted for Keane? Are they hoping that DC gets chinned?

Who voted for Sol Campbell????

Having a laugh

Never a manager in a million years

FFS