• David Wagner
    • Fatih Tekke
    • Paco Jemez
    • Christian Gourcuff
    • Quique Sanchez Flores
    • Roy Keane
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Slaven Bilic

Any of this lot could be brilliant. Any could be terrible. We’ve just seen from Mr Never Been Relegated that there are no guarantees - even when playing football so functional it makes your eyes bleed. 

It’s up to those interviewing the candidates to make the right decision for the long term.  Oh dear. 

• Like 1

Knowing our "situation" can we dare to wish for anyone better then Paul Cook. Plenty of experience, did well wherever he went, used to dealing with difficult owners, gets best from his players while playing likable football using moderan 4-2-3-1 formation. Wouldn't be against him as our next manager. 

• Like 2

Paul cook for me long term and short term. He’s worked his way up the football ladder and would have kept a poor Wigan side up last year bar off the field problems. He plays good football and seems to have the personality to deal with expectations and the chairman. I thought we missed a trick last time not giving him the job as I thought he would have another job by now, we won’t be that lucky again 

Guest gizowl
10 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

What makes it worse is the ones who would be more likely to succeed won’t be remotely interested. 

Correct I think we all know what the odds are for any manager to achieve the expectations of the club that hires him but for anyone wanting to come to us atm wants certifying. So the Howes, Pearsons of the football World aren't going to be interested until we are more stable. Someone like Fink again could be a great choice if we were a club without the issues we've got atm this is why Cook is probably a better candidate for us right now because he's been at clubs with these sort of off field issues. 

I wanted Cowley last time that he was in the frame. He didn't do too well with Huddersfield but that's not to say that he can't succeed with Wednesday. 

I think it's more about who wants to manage us, not about who we want to get. 

I just hope that it's sorted soon so that they can have a good stab at the January transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I said after monk got sacked that Pearson would be an appointment that would reunite the club with the fans and give us some identity back.  He well and truly loves the club and would give every inch to try and make us succeed. Hes been around a while and I would trust him in the transfer market too. 

If we keep banging the Pearson drum enough do you think he'll change his mind?

Guest Hornsby

Petrescu , Warne and Barnsley manager should also be on that list, Miller's manager would be a double whammy.

As Bruce episode proved, takes 10 mins to get an employed manager to move.

Fink stinks of racism and Di Canio is star of SKYITALIA on about £3 million a year so they are out.