• Paco Jemez
    • Christian Gourcuff
    • Quique Sanchez Flores
    • Roy Keane
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Slaven Bilic

10 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

List is an absolute horror show.

I think Warne at Rotherham would be perfect for the mentality of player we’ve got. 

We don’t need a tactical masterclass or a strict disciplinarian. Just someone that will make the players itching to get into every training session and every match day for 46 games a season. We go through the motions far too much. 

Apart from a financial gain on his part , why would Warne want to come to us ? He’s got a job for life at toy town and the fans love him

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sage owl said:

No Carlos  ?.

Carlos is currently loving life sat in 4th place at his hometown club Braga where he is the returning hero. 

I’d be exceptionally surprised if he jacked that in mid season to return to S6. 

He’ll either wait to upgrade to one of the top three Portuguese clubs or if returning to England would expect to go somewhere with plenty of money to spend I would think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

We're stuck wi these players.

Nobody is gonna be buying em in January that's for sure.

So we need someone who can come in and get em going. Make em feel like they can go out and win games.

I don't want to hear talk about "projects" and "blue prints" and bloody "Philosophies" from the new bloke. 

Besides, there's no point having any blue prints at this club coz you aren't allowed to run the show anyroad.

Nah, we need someone to get in, who can get the players on side. Coz like or not we're stuck with em,.

Somebody wi enthusiasm and effervescence who can get their chins off the floor now and get em up table.

Next year...dunno. And I don't usually like short term thinking. But this season aint dead. It's going on around us , with these players, and we need someone to fill em wi beans and confidence.  Some super serious drill major aint gonna do that.

Dunno who that is like.

But that's what we want 

We also need a Manager who can work with DC, the money men and the advisors.

First time I've never had an opinion on the next Manager of Sheffield Wednesday, but as you say, we've got to work with what we have, and that includes DC and the Sunshine Gang

Over to you DC & Co...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Baggys battle bus said:

Apart from a financial gain on his part , why would Warne want to come to us ? He’s got a job for life at toy town and the fans love him

You could ask that question for most, if not all, of the names on the list. 

For me he’d come to Wednesday for the same reason a Paul Cook would. It’s undoubtedly a step up. 

The reasons he might be put off are the same reasons the rest would be to be fair! 

I voted Pearson with obvious reservations and those same reservations I decided not to vote for big Duncan just in case he bumped into Garry Madine throwing a hissy fit and he broke both of Madines arms. Seriously I wouldn't mind Duncan Ferguson.

Not a prolific striker but frightened defences out of their wits ! 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

I wouldn't be averse to having him till the end of the season.

Who'd you pick?

We need to get off the merry-go-round of shìt .. I'm not enamoured by anyone on the list to be fair and I'm not interested in anyone short-term because we'll all be back here again in a year and I'll be smashing my head against the wall with people suggesting Megson, Pearson et al. I wanted Paul Cook before Pulis, but am going off the idea. DC needs to really pull something special out the bag this time.

Edited by Hitcat
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

We need to get off the merry-go-round of shìt .. I'm not enamoured by anyone on the list to be fair and I'm not interested in anyone short-term because we'll all be back here again in a year and I'll be smashing my head against the wall with people suggesting Megson, Pearson et al. I wanted Paul Cook before Pulis, but am going off the idea. DC needs to really pull something special out the bag this time.

I'd prefer someone long term. As a rule.

But whilever we still have a chance of survive this season wi this group of players I wouldn't  be against it this time. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

WhiteOwl91 said the following re Paul Cook:

"I’ve not seen anything that goes beyond decent on his CV?"

Well how about?

Chesterfield promotion

Cook head hunted by Portsmouth

Portsmouth promotion

Cook head hunted by Wigan Athletic

Wigan Athletic promotion (resigned when they went into Admin)

The biggest worry is that Birmingham City are doing pretty badly at present and they might just nip in and nick Paul Cook.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

We also need a Manager who can work with DC, the money men and the advisors.

First time I've never had an opinion on the next Manager of Sheffield Wednesday, but as you say, we've got to work with what we have, and that includes DC and the Sunshine Gang

Over to you DC & Co...

Agree with this.

I might fancy a particular manager over another, but ultimately the most important thing is that they can work with The Chairman and tolerate the bizarre goings on behind the scenes at S6.

I'm not saying that's healthy, I just think it's a fact.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest gizowl

One or two intriguing names on the list but being realistic with our predicament and the need for someone to hit the ground running and knows the leagues and players inside out it's got to be Paul Cook for me.