THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

Aye, ok Mr Chansiri. You sailing our great football club to Division 3 after wasting £300m is just like being disappointed with a movie.

FFS. Stick to canned fish pal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The worrying/inevitable thing about all this is some fans will (and already are) repeating what the chairman is saying and blaming the fans

Only those with limited intelligence, so please give them some leeway, dont mock the afflicted 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

WTF???

Is he actually comparing supporting the club and buying tickets to buying a ticket for a movie? absolute disgrace!

And sometimes we are good? We've probably just had the worse year in our clubs history on record!

Sheffield Wednesday football club got deducted 6 points for breaking the rules, because of his decisions and nobody else's, but he hasn't apologised to the fans for that has he!

Got to think from his perspective, as a non football man, we are like that. We either buy a ticket or we don't. We don't carry the can (yes - from our perspective we do because we have a vested interest, but from his, financial perspective, we absolutely dont).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS BRIEFING ENDS

How did I do?

WAs that ok for you?

I've not managed to read the thread or let what he said sink in yet

Thanks for that Neil, much appreciated. Was looking forward to new investment and a January spendageddon, but ended up with the usual rant. 

Just now, Fuzzy logics said:

Tin hat time...

I don't necessarily disagree with most of what he's said...just the way he has expressed it.

😬

Agreed. His English is not the best. If he was more articulate the point he is making is that he carries the financial can. No one else.

Not one of our fanbase carries the can for the outgoings at Wednesday. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on accountability

The fans can blame me. I have no issue.

In business, there is always risk. You can do bad. You can do good. It is normal in business.

I have lost a lot of money, not the fans. The minority try to say how bad I am. I ask the minority what they are doing for the club.

If they don't like me, they don't need to get involved.

I feel sorry for me that I have lost a lot of money.

I am not saying I am a good or bad owner. I believe that I am loyal to the fans to say to the truth. Sometimes the fans don't like what I have to say.

reface-2020-12-12-08-37-00.gif.2409b3b0bf2fb282c93d271bf09268fc.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

And there we have it in a nutshell. He sees Sheffield Wednesday as a business. The fans see it as a passion.

He doesn't get it and he never will. So sad for my club.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Someone will be along to defend it in a moment.

“Happens at every club”

Ive seen the Chairman mention this every single time hes spoken.

Ive never once seen it happen (though I don't doubt it does)

But Ive never once see any Owlstalker defend the abuse. Ever.