THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Like i have said in the past, any idiot can spend money, spending it wisely is something else.

I pointed this out to my wife only yesterday after her latest online ‘bargain’ shopping spree!

She didn’t appreciate my Sage advice!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

He has no idea what this club means to people. He’s been here 5 years and not made any effort to see what the club means to thousands of thousands of people.

That comment fills me with sadness.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on blame cont.

Asking for who is to blame is too general. I feel sorry for myself because of the money I have lost.

I am not saying if I am a good owner or a bad owner. I am loyal to the fans, to say the truth. They don’t want to hear what I say.

They like people to impress them, to say what they want to hear, they like it. When I say the truth, they say I lie or that I want a ‘yes man’. They have short memories.

I am not going to say I am a good owner. I am one human being and I am loyal. I say the truth.

I am the owner of the club, anything good or bad I take responsibility.

You are a bad owner. Bloody awful one to be fair.

DC on FFP

If you want to push and not risk FFP  breaches, it’s impossible… 

People say about players and coaches, but you have to be realistic. It’s easy to say things without responsibility.

I try my best, that’s all I can say. Many clubs also have a problem, you can see. But they don’t try to push, so they don’t have problems. Many clubs for sure are in the same situation.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on Monk / accepting blame

Do I take the blame for what?

*Explained around issues*

What I don’t pay, it’s a little bit less, that’s no different to other clubs. It is a delay, that’s it.

When we were good, everybody was happy and went together. When not, everybody’s responsibility on me.

The fans can blame me or not, that is not the big issue. I am the owner of this club, I use a lot of money and I want to do good for the club for sure. In football we cannot control like a normal business anyway.

In normal business I can jump in and fix it. I cannot.

The fans can blame me, it’s no issue.

I cannot blame myself. In business we can do good or bad, it is normal in business. Especially this club, the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

Are they going to help me? Maybe they don’t like me, that is fine. If I don’t like someone, I do not have to talk to that person.

Sometimes when we are good, they try to find something negativity.

WTF???

Is he actually comparing supporting the club and buying tickets to buying a ticket for a movie? absolute disgrace!

And sometimes we are good? We've probably just had the worse year in our clubs history on record!

Sheffield Wednesday football club got deducted 6 points for breaking the rules, because of his decisions and nobody else's, but he hasn't apologised to the fans for that has he!

• Like 2

The worrying/inevitable thing about all this is some fans will (and already are) repeating what the chairman is saying and blaming the fans

I dont see what the fans can be blamed for. You always get negativity. Look at arsenal, Chelsea, man u. Always. This is football.

4 minutes ago, longreach said:

He's in danger of losing lots of fans with a quote like that.

I honestly don’t think he will lose a lot more fans, a group of fans like to know the ins and outs of what’s happening in side the club Like myself but the majority in my opinion just dont really care or want to know all they want to do is watch Wednesday have a rant about a player have a pint and then go home to their lives Which is fair enough and has always been the way with Wednesday fans 

that’s why we only see the same Few hundred people posting on here, the same people on radio Sheffield and the same people joining fans groups, ,and that’s why The Owner always refers to us as a minority 

maybe he knows more about Wednesday Fans than we give him credit for 

DC on Monk / accepting blame

Do I take the blame for what?

*Explained around issues*

What I don’t pay, it’s a little bit less, that’s no different to other clubs. It is a delay, that’s it.

When we were good, everybody was happy and went together. When not, everybody’s responsibility on me.

The fans can blame me or not, that is not the big issue. I am the owner of this club, I use a lot of money and I want to do good for the club for sure. In football we cannot control like a normal business anyway.

In normal business I can jump in and fix it. I cannot.

The fans can blame me, it’s no issue.

I cannot blame myself. In business we can do good or bad, it is normal in business. Especially this club, the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

Are they going to help me? Maybe they don’t like me, that is fine. If I don’t like someone, I do not have to talk to that person.

Sometimes when we are good, they try to find something negativity.

I think we are just banging our heads against a brick wall. The guy isn't going to change his attitude, 5 years on and his response never changes. Think until the day he sells up, which I don't see anytime near, we can only live in hope that we will still have a club to support.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

Quality..just doesn't understand UK football culture..but chooses to dabble in it for profit. UTO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The worrying/inevitable thing about all this is some fans will (and already are) repeating what the chairman is saying and blaming the fans

Isn't that just the normal for this and every other club though? 

For as long as I can remember, we've always had a pretty fractured fanbase. 

Dosnt mean it's right though, nor am. I justifying it. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

DC on FFP

If you want to push and not risk FFP  breaches, it’s impossible… 

People say about players and coaches, but you have to be realistic. It’s easy to say things without responsibility.

I try my best, that’s all I can say. Many clubs also have a problem, you can see. But they don’t try to push, so they don’t have problems. Many clubs for sure are in the same situation.

And all of these clubs that don't try to push are above us in the league.

Or like Brentford, who can pay £10m for a striker because they've got recruitment right and made massive profits on players!

Olly Watkins came from Exeter and sold him for £28million! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1