THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

It doesn’t ease bottom line though. It’s about getting the fans back engaged with the club. It won’t be a moneymaker for him and I think that’s why he doesn’t engage with it. 

I haven’t heard of any outbreaks either due to the crowds of 2k so obviously it’s a safe practice. 

Unfortunately, the government don't agree. They are the ones who make the decisions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The bloke that comes in with no knowledge of the squad we have or what we need you mean? 
Or buying a forward player we desperately need now rather than waiting for the scraps at the end of the window.

If DC hires someone who’s done no due diligence on our squad again that’s his fault.

You can’t just buy any striker because you need one. Absolute madness.

Feel sorry to Chansiri right now. I’ve no doubt he’s doing everything with his best intentions of the club, but he’s talking some right utter rounduns.

He comes across like a beach whale trying to get back to the sea, flapping about and hoping a magical unicorn will come to his rescue.

We hear the manager has the final day on players - so he’s completely immune to poor signings - then goes on to tell us we can still sign players without a manager, as they need to fit into his philosophy. Does he forget the crap he’s previously told us?

His problem is, it’s always someone else’s fault and they are to blame - never him. With that mentality, there is only one direction we’ll continue to head.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Someone ask him what his philosophy is please.

Fundamentally I think he's a neo-platonist with aristotelian leanings, tinged with later influences from Kant, Hegel and Schopenhauer.
No excuses for not finding a manager that fits the bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't know if it's ended yet, but I've read 23 pages. I'm no chansiri fan, but believed him on pulis and was enjoying the detail. It all started going down hill with the refunds and fan parts though. I agreed with him that some fans are always negative ect, but that's football at the end of the day. I can't be bothered to wade through around another 20 pages or so, I will check a proper write up and watch the video later. I don't know what I feel. Also still no plans ect. is not good. 

• Thanks 1

It’s ALWAYS about losing money with Chansiri.

I don’t care how much he’s got in the bank, or how much he’s spent. He signed up to being the owner of a football club. I didn’t ask him to over spend, I didn’t ask him to sell the stadium and I certainly haven’t encouraged his kamikaze running of this football club. 

Fans have a right to be concerned with the running of their club. Trying to emotionally blackmail fans is wrong. Everything he has said is wrong, the way he has conducted himself is wrong.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

(I asked this question)

DC on what help is needed from fans

Actually I say, the fans can help everything if they want. The reputation outside the club, of course they think this is a bad club.

Criticism is no issue, people say I’m arrogant or stubborn and I can’t accept the truth. With respect we can talk with one another.

That is not OK if always criticism. Don’t damage the club. If you don’t like me, I don’t mind. You say you love the club, but you damage your club. You damage me it is fine.

I try to help the club.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, darra said:

Unfortunately, the government don't agree. They are the ones who make the decisions 

Doesn’t stop a chairman from talking about it. His first one of these was before the fans were allowed back in. Other owners, chairman in the area have spoken about the issue.

Just because you say you want fans back in the ground ASAP doesn’t mean it’s a reckless demand for 10k at the next home game. It’s a show of support for the fanbase. It’s an easy PR win and he needs a lot of them right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on next manager

Short term or long term? I look both. We cannot say anyway. Normally when you bring a coach in, you can ask a few years or whatever.

But sometimes not good. Sometimes they try to bring a coach or a new club. It depends on the result.

This is normal in football.

Eh? Just put this in google translate and it still makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Why doesn't one of his advisors tell him it's all gone Pete Tong, and he's making himself a laughing stock ?

It's embarrassing.

I have no doubt that they do.

Then follow up with another suggestion designed solely at lining their own pockets.

• Like 1