Next manager odds

Think last nights performance did not enhance Thompsons chance of getting job.

It is clear that more than patching up is required with this team. 

I expect DC to come off fence and appoint somebody as manager will certainly happen if adverse result against Coventry.

Any significant movement this week in betting market could be meaningful after sham betting we have had last few days.

Need striker desperately and a person who can create chances. A good goalkeeper would not go amiss either.

One hell of a mess.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

I expect DC to come off fence and appoint somebody as manager will certainly happen if adverse result against Coventry.

Any significant movement this week in betting market could be meaningful after sham betting we have had last few days.

Need striker desperately and a person who can create chances. A good goalkeeper would not go amiss either.

One hell of a mess.

That was my reaction immediately after the game, but thinking about it, nothings changed, it didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. Would any realistic appointment enhance the chances of this team scoring the goals needed to keep us up? 

16 minutes ago, Quist said:

One hell of a mess.

Not sure that it hasn't helped him...we did ok for one half (which is a common theme for these players), didn't sit back and defend, we didn't get battered (ok they could have gone up a gear), had the world's least experienced defence who got caught out on two set pieces, which is the most disappointing aspect

We conceded goals to an English, Brazilian and Columbian international players who were a class above us... what else could he do?

I think the performance and result against Coventry will be more important to NT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That was my reaction immediately after the game, but thinking about it, nothings changed, it didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. Would any realistic appointment enhance the chances of this team scoring the goals needed to keep us up? 

The way we were set up against a much better team was too open. We could have made it more difficult it would not have been pretty but would have made me feel better.

An experienced manager would do this and we can scrape points and pickup win. 

Their midfield needed shutting down and we made no attempt to do this. our midfield lacks pace and energy and we gave them opportunity to explore this. The set pieces we had were extremely poor, standard of delivery was terrible.

A decent manager could sort some of these things and may even have an idea on a number 9. 

I have a feeling plaer poweris driving some of decisions (Hutchinson) and this is a worry. Palmer was on bench last night if he was fit should have played if not fit why was he on bench. We lacked experience and played a fluffy formation. only Brennan  Pelupessy, Osage (first half) and Green, Reach (first 30 minutes showed any application. 

it is a worry.

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Not sure that it hasn't helped him...we did ok for one half (which is a common theme for these players), didn't sit back and defend, we didn't get battered (ok they could have gone up a gear), had the world's least experienced defence who got caught out on two set pieces, which is the most disappointing aspect

We conceded goals to an English, Brazilian and Columbian international players who were a class above us... what else could he do?

I think the performance and result against Coventry will be more important to NT

it may have helped in as he learned something about his players. 

We made it easy for them in this game.

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

The way we were set up against a much better team was too open. We could have made it more difficult it would not have been pretty but would have made me feel better.

An experienced manager would do this and we can scrape points and pickup win. 

Their midfield needed shutting down and we made no attempt to do this. our midfield lacks pace and energy and we gave them opportunity to explore this. The set pieces we had were extremely poor, standard of delivery was terrible.

A decent manager could sort some of these things and may even have an idea on a number 9. 

I have a feeling plaer poweris driving some of decisions (Hutchinson) and this is a worry. Palmer was on bench last night if he was fit should have played if not fit why was he on bench. We lacked experience and played a fluffy formation. only Brennan  Pelupessy, Osage (first half) and Green, Reach (first 30 minutes showed any application. 

it is a worry.

Probably we took the approach that the game was a free shot Certainly team selection, and our approach suggested that

19 hours ago, striker said:

Managers do want security and control of players, after all they are judged on the results those players produce. 

I'm not sure why being Wigan manager an issue and plenty of takers for their players when their owner's shafted them. Remember many of our fans coveting players like Morsey, Robinson for example.

Also, he turned down the offer from Cardiff.

Listen, I'm not a Cook fanboy, but of those we've actually been linked with, rather than fantasy, he is the best and obvious choice, IMHO.

Cook us a manager 

chansiri wants a head coach 

cook wants to manage 

unless one of those decide they want to operate to the other ones tune this will never happen 

and I think Pulis and his opinions have further convinced chansiri he wants a head coach like monk, jos and Carlos 

he’s been burnt by Bruce and pulis the mans a control freak but doesn’t have the infrastructure to operate with a head coach IMO he needs better advise on footballing matters and it doesn’t look like any of his advisors are giving him this with any effect

imo if he doesn’t employ a manager and let him have control in the set up and operation of footballing matters and he wants a head coach he actually needs a director of football 

that’s a role I always thought was pointless for us however when dealing with chansiri he needs somebody he can relinquish control and be strongly advised by in these matters 

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

it may have helped in as he learned something about his players. 

We made it easy for them in this game.

I would have been concerned with these players that if we had gone more defensive they would have reverted to full on Pulis mode, hanging on and as soon as they scored the game was gone... irrespective of what they were told to do

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

he actually needs a director of football 

Think that would just be another one on the to be sacked list.

Paxo would fall out with the dof bang cert imo. The only person chansiri hasn't sacked...for some reason 🤫

But that is what's needed..

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Quist said:

after sham betting we have had last few days.

Why do you think it was sham betting?

The only two known, or strongly rumoured to have spoken with chansiri are, cook and Ivic, both of whom have been favs.

The Keane one is strange, perhaps he has spoken to him but the press never found out..especially him going evens, suggests someone has had a wad on him, with skybet anyhow, rest go 3/1

Surely if the bookies wanted to manipulate the book there would be a lot better options than Keane.

16 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Why do you think it was sham betting?

The only two known, or strongly rumoured to have spoken with chansiri are, cook and Ivic, both of whom have been favs.

The Keane one is strange, perhaps he has spoken to him but the press never found out..especially him going evens, suggests someone has had a wad on him, with skybet anyhow, rest go 3/1

Surely if the bookies wanted to manipulate the book there would be a lot better options than Keane.

Barton, Keane. etc. Bookies introduced somebody into market shortened them and mug punters lumped on thinking was genuine. not saying t generated them much money but some and it goes straight into their pockets. Indecisive nature of decision making allows this to happen. Nixon has good contacts and he has indicated who was on one of lists, they were all foreign names but Brexit ruled some out and short term contract travel restrictions etc have put paid to others. hence Coleman put forward from this camp.

Ivic and Cook names put forward by Alonso.

Think ivic and Cook stories were true. Suspect Ivic story came out of Wednesday side with them thinking they had got their man after conversation and offer of job. i suspect we went back at least once probably twice to try and get him. think today is last date john harkes gave for it to be announced. clearly guy does not want job and we should have moved on sooner. It has wasted valuable time.

Only other genuine contender has been coo think we approached him after first rejection by Ivic. Clearly somebody not keen on him at club. Think thing about managing is not necessarily DC but manager being unfettered by others in between him and DC. If you look at comments its referred to as those running club they do not say DC. Its more management bu committee and this is worst thing you need one person making decisions not several. Look at recruitment. Bid for Pickering, resign Hutchinson does that sound like same person making decisions? 

It is a guess but think will not be far off. DC will be uneasy and some thing will crack this week.

11 minutes ago, Quist said:

Barton, Keane. etc. Bookies introduced somebody into market shortened them and mug punters lumped on thinking was genuine. not saying t generated them much money but some and it goes straight into their pockets. Indecisive nature of decision making allows this to happen. Nixon has good contacts and he has indicated who was on one of lists, they were all foreign names but Brexit ruled some out and short term contract travel restrictions etc have put paid to others. hence Coleman put forward from this camp.

Ivic and Cook names put forward by Alonso.

Think ivic and Cook stories were true. Suspect Ivic story came out of Wednesday side with them thinking they had got their man after conversation and offer of job. i suspect we went back at least once probably twice to try and get him. think today is last date john harkes gave for it to be announced. clearly guy does not want job and we should have moved on sooner. It has wasted valuable time.

Only other genuine contender has been coo think we approached him after first rejection by Ivic. Clearly somebody not keen on him at club. Think thing about managing is not necessarily DC but manager being unfettered by others in between him and DC. If you look at comments its referred to as those running club they do not say DC. Its more management bu committee and this is worst thing you need one person making decisions not several. Look at recruitment. Bid for Pickering, resign Hutchinson does that sound like same person making decisions? 

It is a guess but think will not be far off. DC will be uneasy and some thing will crack this week.

Most clubs sack Managers and have at least their preferred replacement waiting in the wings to take over without days not weeks.

we as supporter have had to read article after article on who is being considered or who is now favorite. Mr Harked you should be lined up and ###### by every Owls supporter for the crap that you post, but that for another day.

Right now our so called Chairman is letting the clock tic down so if we did manage to appoint a successor to Pullis he wouldn’t have any time left to bring in any of his own choice players. I believe it’s a strategy by Chansiri cos he ain’t got any money left 

The quicker he sells this club the better - fact

9 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Most clubs sack Managers and have at least their preferred replacement waiting in the wings to take over without days not weeks.

we as supporter have had to read article after article on who is being considered or who is now favorite. Mr Harked you should be lined up and ###### by every Owls supporter for the crap that you post, but that for another day.

Right now our so called Chairman is letting the clock tic down so if we did manage to appoint a successor to Pullis he wouldn’t have any time left to bring in any of his own choice players. I believe it’s a strategy by Chansiri cos he ain’t got any money left 

The quicker he sells this club the better - fact

who the f--k are you! And is that a threat? you weirdo. IM PASSING INFO ON IV BEEN GIVEN!! FFS I GIVE UP.