Next manager odds

7 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Nixon’s piece in the Sun this morning.....

The Sun on Sunday claims that Sheffield Wednesday’s managerial search has hit a ‘snag’ because of a ‘split between their two main advisers’.

Owner Dejphon Chansiri has two main advisers by his side – Erik Alonso and Amadeu Paixao – who are both on the lookout for Sheffield Wednesday’s next, and third permanent manager of this season.

But The Sun on Sunday goes on to claim how both Alonso and Paixao are ‘chasing different targets’.

Alonso is said to be on the trail of Paul Cook – the former Wigan Athletic and Portsmouth boss is said to have applied for the position earlier in the month, but has since suggested that h might be deterred by the ownership of Chansiri.

Paixao is said to have a different shortlist though – he’s chasing a number of foreign names as well as Chris Coleman.

Plenty of names have come into contention for the Wednesday job since Tony Pulis’ sacking last month, and plenty of names have seemingly fallen right out of contention after what is becoming a prolonged managerial search.

The treatment of Pulis seems to have cast the Wednesday position in a more contested light.

A calamity of errors leading to Sheffield Wednesday’s demise this season, and those faults seem to be sticking around with The Sun on Sunday’s Alan Nixon’s writing that ‘the power struggle is raging’ at Hillsborough.

Sheffield Wednesday head to Goodison Park to face Everton in the FA Cup today.

Reading that just shows how much the man hasn't got a clue, we're a shambles, an he's just sat there happy with us ambling along in a relegation battle while his 'advisors' argue over who our next manager is going to be.

It's your club nobhead, just make a decision and sort this shitshow out!

• Like 3

Hate to sound like a broken record, but for me Cook the obvious choice, failing that Thompson until the end of the season and review then. 

There are some awful options linked, Ivic no, Keane no, Coleman Christ no. 

As we stand we're 6 points from safety, with 2 games in hand. Relegation looking a more likely outcome considering our inactivity in the transfer market. The irony is, if we were in league 1 (as we may well be in a couple of months) Cook would be a top choice, yet out of reach. 

Big week coming up, expect to lose tonight, but fail to win on Wednesday and/or Saturday and we're fizzed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but for me Cook the obvious choice,

But he wants a long contract and control of recruitment.

So when it went apshyte....

Which fooookin idiot would give an ex wigan manager a long contract and control of transfers...

The next guy will want his own players in..we are stuck with a bunch of players now worth FA.

Obvious to me he didn't get the job here or cardiff..in fact he won't get one dictating terms like that...

But that's all imho of course -;

4 hours ago, gizowl said:

We've been punished long enough by this clown Paixao, Chansiri must bring this partnership to an end now. 

I just don’t get why he’s being advised on football matters by an agent!

get your advice from a football expert not a bloody agent.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

But he wants a long contract and control of recruitment.

So when it went apshyte....

Which fooookin idiot would give an ex wigan manager a long contract and control of transfers...

The next guy will want his own players in..we are stuck with a bunch of players now worth FA.

Obvious to me he didn't get the job here or cardiff..in fact he won't get one dictating terms like that...

But that's all imho of course -;

Managers do want security and control of players, after all they are judged on the results those players produce. 

I'm not sure why being Wigan manager an issue and plenty of takers for their players when their owner's shafted them. Remember many of our fans coveting players like Morsey, Robinson for example.

Also, he turned down the offer from Cardiff.

Listen, I'm not a Cook fanboy, but of those we've actually been linked with, rather than fantasy, he is the best and obvious choice, IMHO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

Listen, I'm not a Cook fanboy, but of those we've actually been linked with, rather than fantasy, he is the best and obvious choice, IMHO.

Don't disagree, could be the best thing for a long while, as could anybody really..just never know.

But nobody would agree to the terms he allegedly wants.

Especially the set up here..

• Like 1