Next manager odds

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Lump on Hutchinson!

No inside knowledge at all, pure speculation on my part!

I’ve been thinking about Hutchinson potentially becoming our manager/head coach somewhere along the line.

Looking forward and logically, it’s very unlikely that DC will appoint a manager in the traditional sense so that potentially rules out the likes of Cook, Keane etc.

The way we are likely to operate in the future, it’s a job more suited to a foreign coach but it is probably as difficult to appoint a foreign coach now as it’s ever been?

I think Thompson is looking more and more the logical choice but looking longer term and given a complete reset for us is not far away regardless of what division we’re in and perhaps giving someone like Hutchinson a chance to build something and grow as a coach but for that to happen, the attitude of the fan base would have to change in the sense we would have to accept that it might take time for things to knit together and move forward?

Personally I wouldn’t be against Hutch getting the top job after all if he hasn’t learnt how to manage a group of players given some of the silly tw@ts he’s played for here then who has?

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve been thinking about Hutchinson potentially becoming our manager/head coach somewhere along the line.

Looking forward and logically, it’s very unlikely that DC will appoint a manager in the traditional sense so that potentially rules out the likes of Cook, Keane etc.

The way we are likely to operate in the future, it’s a job more suited to a foreign coach but it is probably as difficult to appoint a foreign coach now as it’s ever been?

I think Thompson is looking more and more the logical choice but looking longer term and given a complete reset for us is not far away regardless of what division we’re in and perhaps giving someone like Hutchinson a chance to build something and grow as a coach but for that to happen, the attitude of the fan base would have to change in the sense we would have to accept that it might take time for things to knit together and move forward?

Personally I wouldn’t be against Hutch getting the top job after all if he hasn’t learnt how to manage a group of players given some of the silly tw@ts he’s played for here then who has?

Yes I certainly wouldn't be against him being player/U23's coach or assistant coach to someone experienced next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Lump on Hutchinson!

No inside knowledge at all, pure speculation on my part!

I was thinking this when it was announced he had signed, it would be a gamble but isn't every appointment a gamble? 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Can I ask what your role at the club is?

Why when TP was appointed it was said he was Mr Paixao best mate and was recruited on his advice. DC said he was advised to take him on but ad reservations at the time. Nixon has just indicated he is promoting Coleman for job, his record is much better than most and this is no doubt true as he was put for job before despite an absolutely atrocious record.

To try and make out he has no involvement just does not add up. It was once reported he acted as a scout even after Downes was appointed. by the way since those two were brought on board standard of recruitment has improved even though no or little money to spend. Also we have just brought back Hutchinson who suggested this gem.

Certain aspects of recruitment have an unhealthy feel to them in we keep going back to same clubs for staff and players. Does not suggest its work of scout and has been like this since long before they were appointed.

Yes, and I’m pretty sure that Andy Piggings made reference to ties between this club and Watford the other day...

His answer to the first question in interview included the words "I didn't expect to be back in this capacity ...." So, don't know if he has any coaching badges but could it possibly be (a) player this season, player/coach next (b) player this season, NT manager/coach this season with SH taking that position next or (c) am I reading too much into a few words??

He also said that his son was keen for him to return to S6; would he have been persuaded by a young son for a job lasting just a few months?

I haven't seen contract length mentioned so far?

13 hours ago, Quist said:

. Two weeks before TP went I was told we had started looking at alternative to manager and I posted on here that TP would have been sacked if he did not win against Bournemouth and was told unlikely. Therefore some plans were being made and think they had settled on Ivic. 

GM was in charge against Bournemouth, do you mean Coventry as that was TP's only win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

GM was in charge against Bournemouth, do you mean Coventry as that was TP's only win.

Yes I did. I am sorry got that wrong. I said he would get sacked if he lost to Coventry.

Thanks for correction.

• Haha 1

If we’ve gone down the foreign route do you think they might be quarantined for 14 days I’m a hotel pending covid clearance 

might just be waiting for the show around 

I’d imagine any incoming manager would want a full look around this time 

maybe even chansiri might want to personally meet them this time so he’s having to isolate in a hotel 

maybe they have lined 3 foreign coaches up and they all have to isolate a different times 

maybe we’re not in a rush just yet because results and everyone within the club are relaxed abs not stressing with Thompson in charge 

maybe we’re clueless and paxo is still drawing up a short list of the finest underachievers that should never manage in football again 

I’d say the latter 

• Thanks 1

The critical thing was getting Pulis out of the door.  We had completely collapsed after an OK start under Monk, and his disgraceful attitude and terrible tactics were killing us.  Lets face it - we have been a lot better with him out of the building.  I can see how DC has the squirts at the thought of repeating the same mistake he made with Pulis.  

Like another poster has said, I do think there is something re Hutchinson and coaching/ managing we don't know yet which might be playing into all of this.

22 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Have you not realised that Thompson will see the season out.

DC probably hasn’t got the money to pay a manager a wage.

Think it's down to DC wanting a foreign style head coach. With the current situation and pandemic, it's difficult to bring in someone outside of the country. Seems to me like Thompson might get it until it's possible to bring in a foreign coach or if not someone might be brought in just to see the season out, on a short term deal, similar to Cardiff appointing McCarthy short term? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1