Next manager odds

On 23/01/2021 at 21:08, WalthamOwl said:

Lose against Coventry and I think a lot of people wouldn’t be wanting Thompson as manager. 

Including DC. First time we lose a couple DC would get rid and the whole merrygo round starts again. Meanwhile we get relegated. That's my worry.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Most clubs sack Managers and have at least their preferred replacement waiting in the wings to take over without days not weeks.

we as supporter have had to read article after article on who is being considered or who is now favorite. Mr Harked you should be lined up and ###### by every Owls supporter for the crap that you post, but that for another day.

Right now our so called Chairman is letting the clock tic down so if we did manage to appoint a successor to Pullis he wouldn’t have any time left to bring in any of his own choice players. I believe it’s a strategy by Chansiri cos he ain’t got any money left 

The quicker he sells this club the better - fact

Wrong for saying that mate. I don’t believe what he’s posted and beleive it’s absolute S**T but no need to say things like that especially if he has actually been told that information and he’s just sharing it with us whether credible or not your bang out of order.

• Like 6

It’s looking like the Bristol City scenario when they sacked Johnson. For several weeks, Chris Hughton was nailed on favourite to take the job. He’d said he was interested, he was interviewed, I think even at one point betting was suspended. Then almost  six weeks later, they appointed somebody already at the club - Holden. Ring any bells?  To be fair, he’s done ok so far. 

43 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Most clubs sack Managers and have at least their preferred replacement waiting in the wings to take over without days not weeks.

we as supporter have had to read article after article on who is being considered or who is now favorite. Mr Harked you should be lined up and ###### by every Owls supporter for the crap that you post, but that for another day.

Right now our so called Chairman is letting the clock tic down so if we did manage to appoint a successor to Pullis he wouldn’t have any time left to bring in any of his own choice players. I believe it’s a strategy by Chansiri cos he ain’t got any money left 

Absolutely no need for that. A Wednesday fan has posted something he believes fellow Owls would want to know. He trusted his source & believed the information to be true. Whether anybody believes it or not is up to the individual but I believe he’s posted in good faith.

• Like 5

All this reported talk of 'power struggles' within the management group is depressing ...added to which almost every one Alonso seems to be 'promoting' appears to be a sound suggestion worthy of following up ...whereas almost everyone Paixao seems to have been promoting are  names from the past who have been found  to be wanting for a variety of reasons - additionally , and particularly on the playing side , Paixao's 'suggestions' appear to be largely reflecting the people he represents as 'an agent' . To an outsider it look as if this man has been operating in the same way be it in relation to players or to staff for several years and the results have largely not been beneficial to the club - in fact  the results have been painful to see as the club and it's financial situation and day to day on pitch performances have slumped - and yet for some reason he still has the ear of the chairman .

All very sad to see  if true.. I may , of course, be completely wrong ...but then ...I am on the outside and can only go on the scraps of information  we are fed . 

1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

Tempting as it is just to point out you are a bellend and move on here is a bit more detail. 
1. Yes, most clubs do have mangers lined up. We didn’t, or did and it fell through. It is what it is. 
2. As a supporter you don’t have to read articles about who is favourite etc. You could just wait, and not read any articles!

3. Are you on drugs? Someone should be whatever ###### means (presumably nothing good) for posting what they are heard on a website set up for people to post such things on!? Have you thought this all the way through?

4. Final half of your post is opinion. Yes it might be a valid opinion but why bother putting the word ‘fact’ at the end? It’s opinion!!

Please try not to be such a spanner!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pioowl said:

He is not.

This was from Dom Howson's Q&A:

Is Paxo still lurking around? If so, why?

There was no mention of Amadeu Paixao at Chansiri's press conference but, yes, he is still part of Wednesday's set-up. He is Chansiri's personal adviser and part of the club's recruitment committee.

And now we seem to have Erik Alonso as well.

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

I don’t have an issue with differing opinions amongst the advisors, different perspectives are surely a good thing no?

When all parties have the best interests of the club at heart and can sit and have a reasoned debate over who best to take us forward, i agree. 

I don't believe this to be the case in this particular scenario. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t have an issue with differing opinions amongst the advisors, different perspectives are surely a good thing no?

I agree so long as the advisors opinions/perspectives are for the benefit of the club.

• Like 3

Having an advisor is one thing, it still relies on acting upon the advice given.  Having two different advisors, advising two opposite things leaves people like Chansiri in paralysis.

It's Chansiri's club, not Paxo's, not Alonso's.  They advise.  It's Chansiri who has to act.  He is the failure point.

• Like 1

There are two probable reasons why Paxio is still in the shadows? One.. dc is so stupid he can’t see that the man hasn’t got his or the clubs best interests at heart and is more interested in putting his own ‘clients’ first allegedly? Second is that Paxio actually has more than a vested interest in the club as actually is involved money wise allegedly? Now I’d be more inclined to go option no one? By the sounds of it I’d go with alonso his choices seem to be more beneficial to the club on wots being said? I’m more for cook cus out of all the managers out there available I think he’d actually leave us in a better position when he’d actually leave. He used to working under tight restrictions can spot players actually wants to manage the club and if the worst scenario happens is qualified to assemble a squad that wins promotion from that league, and he’ll have to be cus nearly all the squad out of contract and wage cap in place so any new players have to sign under those conditions 

Why are we signing players with no permanent manager? I presume Thompson has at least been consulted? It simply doesn’t make any kind of sense UNLESS of course Thompson is going to continue for the foreseeable future. Our ambition really couldn’t fall any further!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

This was from Dom Howson's Q&A:

Is Paxo still lurking around? If so, why?

There was no mention of Amadeu Paixao at Chansiri's press conference but, yes, he is still part of Wednesday's set-up. He is Chansiri's personal adviser and part of the club's recruitment committee.

And now we seem to have Erik Alonso as well.

Dont know if you are asking if former agent Paxo is still around but if you are,he is still around assisting where he can but takes no decisions and is not part of recruitment team which at the moment is Downes and Hughes. Alonso helps with commercial side but makes no decisions.

• Thanks 1