Next manager odds

I've got nothing against Thompson personally it's just this club needs a big character.

Just look at our history Charlton, Atkinson even Francis was a big name at the time and of course  Carlos (nearly) have lifted the club and fans, and to me that's what's needed now even Bruce lifted the club before he left us, unfortunately Thompson comes across as plain and dull just like Jos, monk and pulis. Chansiri needs to appoint someone to lift the fan enthusiasm and in return that usually lifts the club

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quist said:

In earlier post I said market had stagnated. Bookies have responded b shortening Keanes odds and getting some to back him thinking it will happen. In reality it is another like Joey Barton just to try and get a few to put a few quid on him.

It is beyond belief that Chansiri would appoint him. He is probably a motivator but tactically inept from comments he makes whilst pundit. Would not last long with DC and get your money on for relegation. 

They have finally realised Ivic is non starter and price is drifting.

Will keep Thomson in post as caretaker until bad result. Then panic will set in.

If ever a club had no strategy and was drifting aimlessly the last couple of months has proved this without shadow of doubt.

Let’s hope we get hammered at Everton then.

9BB0E602-E3C5-4CC3-B624-B1EC96226DE0.jpeg

6 hours ago, striker said:

Christ, talk about living in the past. That was 2007!!!

41 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Thought Cook was gagging for it...

Sounds like a line from an old episode of Upstairs Downstairs. 
Master Bellamy was a bit of a rogue with the servants wasn’t he?

Nixon’s piece in the Sun this morning.....

The Sun on Sunday claims that Sheffield Wednesday’s managerial search has hit a ‘snag’ because of a ‘split between their two main advisers’.

Owner Dejphon Chansiri has two main advisers by his side – Erik Alonso and Amadeu Paixao – who are both on the lookout for Sheffield Wednesday’s next, and third permanent manager of this season.

But The Sun on Sunday goes on to claim how both Alonso and Paixao are ‘chasing different targets’.

Alonso is said to be on the trail of Paul Cook – the former Wigan Athletic and Portsmouth boss is said to have applied for the position earlier in the month, but has since suggested that h might be deterred by the ownership of Chansiri.

Paixao is said to have a different shortlist though – he’s chasing a number of foreign names as well as Chris Coleman.

Plenty of names have come into contention for the Wednesday job since Tony Pulis’ sacking last month, and plenty of names have seemingly fallen right out of contention after what is becoming a prolonged managerial search.

The treatment of Pulis seems to have cast the Wednesday position in a more contested light.

A calamity of errors leading to Sheffield Wednesday’s demise this season, and those faults seem to be sticking around with The Sun on Sunday’s Alan Nixon’s writing that ‘the power struggle is raging’ at Hillsborough.

Sheffield Wednesday head to Goodison Park to face Everton in the FA Cup today.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

I wonder if EA is pushing for Roy Keane as well as Cook? It’s strange that there has been no speculation about Keane in the press yet he’s been made favourite across the board in this market. Very odd/s?

This was bookie inspired to just get a few silly sods to put money on and it worked.

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

I wonder if EA is pushing for Roy Keane as well as Cook? It’s strange that there has been no speculation about Keane in the press yet he’s been made favourite across the board in this market. Very odd/s?

Agreed it’s strange,  Keane is the only odds on favourite on bet victor,  Ivic - who apparantly is going to be announced on Monday is 4-1.  There’s no way a bookies leaves the odds that good if there’s a chance someone is about to be appointed.  They don’t like losing money 

• Like 1

I will be shocked if Thompson doesn’t get the job. Wrong choice and it will probably cost us our place in the league but I don’t think Chansiri has a clue what to do. All this time and still no decision, still no real strengthening of the team. Shocking way to run a club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SheffWedOwl said:

If that article is real, it really does highlight that Paxo is putting personal gain above appointing the best man for the job.

I wouldn't want to be Paxo at any Sheffield Wednesday home game when the crowds return.

Might become a very uncomfortable experience at Hillsborough. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, stompingowl said:

Both names his advisors are putting forward are long term unemployed, uninspiring choices. 

Paixao has had his time and made diabolical decisions on player and manager recruitment, needs binning off now. To have conflicting agendas in the boardroom is only making matters worse.