Next manager odds

4 minutes ago, flash said:

Will not end up well for us I fear if we do go for him!

Probably right, but the same could be said for most of the other candidates. Personally I think it’s too much of a risk, but with no obvious stand out candidate, I can understand why DC might be tempted

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, flash said:

Absolute joke the influence Paxo has on this club! 

Pulis was pushed by him when we got Monk instead! Then he finally got his wish with Pulis - how did that end up...!
Now I’m reading Chris Coleman being pushed by him, he’s pushed for him before too previously!

Same cr@p, different day! 

We've been punished long enough by this clown Paixao, Chansiri must bring this partnership to an end now. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Probably right, but the same could be said for most of the other candidates. Personally I think it’s too much of a risk, but with no obvious stand out candidate, I can understand why DC might be tempted

Agree. The whole situation reminds me of when DC appointed Monk after 8 weeks or so of searching! You could see in the first press conference DC wasn’t fully happy with Monk being appointed and used wording similar to ‘he’s the best at the time’. 

Once again there are no standout candidates for DC and with NT winning a few and the players liking him then I can see it happening. 

Just had a quick read up on Ivić - usually lines up 4231/433, tactically flexible, combative style of football effective rather than pretty. Pretty much what I think you need to do well in this division.

Overall, I wouldn’t be against the appointment.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Just had a quick read up on Ivić - usually lines up 4231/433, tactically flexible, combative style of football effective rather than pretty. Pretty much what I think you need to do well in this division.

Overall, I wouldn’t be against the appointment.

Is Ivic still an option? I wouldn’t be opposed to him, though I’m not totally convinced he’d be right, mainly due to our current situation. If I had to choose, from the the current options, and I’m glad I’m not the one who has to make that choice, it’d be Cook, but only until the end of the season  Not because he’s the outstanding candidate, but more so that he has as much chance as any of the others of keeping us up. He is also, probably the best candidate to bring us back up, should the worst happen. That would depend on what we see from now until the end of the season though. However, he is unlikely to agree to a six month contract, and from the things he’s supposedly said, he may struggle to get on board with the clubs way of doing things. All this points to a Thompson appointment for the time being, in my opinion anyway

1 hour ago, flash said:

Agree. The whole situation reminds me of when DC appointed Monk after 8 weeks or so of searching! You could see in the first press conference DC wasn’t fully happy with Monk being appointed and used wording similar to ‘he’s the best at the time’. 

Once again there are no standout candidates for DC and with NT winning a few and the players liking him then I can see it happening. 

Pearson

Cook

Howe

To name 3 ideal candidates..DC has no excuse if he wants success go and get one,atop spunking money on mediocre Management...Pulis,Monk,Jos....UTO...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

However, he is unlikely to agree to a six month contract

I don't think he is any position to make demands...he probably thinks he is.

Especially In todays mess..he's going to be out of work a long time if he insists on a 2/3yr deal. 

12 months tops I would think... and in charge of recruitment...not gonna happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really don’t want Thompson to get the job, we need a strong character someone with a big personality imo. Wouldn’t wish all the pressure on him. 

I think he’d handle it TBH. Granted I don’t believe he’d be a long term appointment but I don’t think we can look long term

at the moment.

59 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Where's Chansiri going to get the money to buy out the co owner..

Is this fact or you making a assumption?