Next manager odds

36 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Thompson odds should shorten after every game as soon as 10 games pass post-pulis he will have been deemed to have job for odds purposes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 10 games rule is altered to re start again since he did not manage due to having tested positive for covid.

Bookies will do anything to save money lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pioowl said:

Dont know if you are asking if former agent Paxo is still around but if you are,he is still around assisting where he can but takes no decisions and is not part of recruitment team which at the moment is Downes and Hughes. Alonso helps with commercial side but makes no decisions.

Can I ask what your role at the club is?

Why when TP was appointed it was said he was Mr Paixao best mate and was recruited on his advice. DC said he was advised to take him on but ad reservations at the time. Nixon has just indicated he is promoting Coleman for job, his record is much better than most and this is no doubt true as he was put for job before despite an absolutely atrocious record.

To try and make out he has no involvement just does not add up. It was once reported he acted as a scout even after Downes was appointed. by the way since those two were brought on board standard of recruitment has improved even though no or little money to spend. Also we have just brought back Hutchinson who suggested this gem.

Certain aspects of recruitment have an unhealthy feel to them in we keep going back to same clubs for staff and players. Does not suggest its work of scout and has been like this since long before they were appointed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

Can I ask what your role at the club is?

Why when TP was appointed it was said he was Mr Paixao best mate and was recruited on his advice. DC said he was advised to take him on but ad reservations at the time. Nixon has just indicated he is promoting Coleman for job, his record is much better than most and this is no doubt true as he was put for job before despite an absolutely atrocious record.

To try and make out he has no involvement just does not add up. It was once reported he acted as a scout even after Downes was appointed. by the way since those two were brought on board standard of recruitment has improved even though no or little money to spend. Also we have just brought back Hutchinson who suggested this gem.

Certain aspects of recruitment have an unhealthy feel to them in we keep going back to same clubs for staff and players. Does not suggest its work of scout and has been like this since long before they were appointed.

Some good points there, see what they come back with... There seems a couple on here a lately who seem to say things as if they know it's fact. Pioowl and Jamie in particular. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Most clubs sack Managers and have at least their preferred replacement waiting in the wings to take over without days not weeks.

we as supporter have had to read article after article on who is being considered or who is now favorite. Mr Harked you should be lined up and ###### by every Owls supporter for the crap that you post, but that for another day.

Right now our so called Chairman is letting the clock tic down so if we did manage to appoint a successor to Pullis he wouldn’t have any time left to bring in any of his own choice players. I believe it’s a strategy by Chansiri cos he ain’t got any money left 

The quicker he sells this club the better - fact

Just who is going to buy club state it currently is in. The world is currently going through tough time so not much money flying around and certainly not in position we are in. 

Think Harkes had access to somebody who knew something for certain. For whatever reason it did not happen another very reliable poster who has had excellent information before also posted about Cook and that did not happen. 

This suggests it is not straight forward at moment. Two weeks before TP went I was told we had started looking at alternative to manager and I posted on here that TP would have been sacked if he did not win against Bournemouth and was told unlikely. Therefore some plans were being made and think they had settled on Ivic. 

Most folks on here are trying to help and offer decent arguments. Think Harkes was trying to be helpful and it works out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Some good points there, see what they come back with... There seems a couple on here a lately who seem to say things as if they know it's fact. Pioowl and Jamie in particular. 

I have only noticed the one. He is defensive about our old advisor and difficult to understand why has quite a lot of information is in public domain especially about manager recruitment. The fact you see same list of dross trotted out each time managerial vacancy you know it must come from same source. Dc is no football expert and would not know them from Adam so has to come from advisor. The fact that nobody in right mind would recommend TP or Coleman for job at Wednesday does make you ask why would some one do this. Also the fact they are defensive about some one also rings alarm bells. If a topic is set mentioning an advisors name and asking what he does administrators will wipe it immediately. If you do not believe me try it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

As for Thompson, still 3/1..nothing moneywise going on him.

Keane is not a fav anywhere but skybet..

So all in all no foooker knows, not even Chansiri...so expect a shock before midnight tonight 🤣

BetVictor still have Keane as favourite, tho' drifting out a little to 1/1.

Neil Thompson odds shortening. Now 2nd fav @ 6/4.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

has the bizzle been back on since? Like you say he normally knows his stuff. 

No ain’t seen anything not known him to be wrong before unless I missed something? Must have thought it cut and done to post??

• Like 1