Next manager odds

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Almost a week away from the transfer window closing and we're still managerless. No plan, no direction. We've had 2 weeks of no games so a perfect time to get a manager in and get some planning done, yet of course we haven't done that.

What on earth are we doing?

It’s bizarre. We’ve had endless weeks of games on Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday with everyone saying the new manager had no time to really assess the players, and this has been a perfect opportunity for the latest ‘new’ manager. It’s impossible to predict, but I can’t help but think we’ve wasted an important month. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Got to be a good chance that Cardiff will appoint Coleman surely. His stock will still be riding high after his work with the national side. At least it would get him off our list. 

Big mick has gone odds on now, I thought they may go for Hughes..

Cook 10/1..

• Thanks 1

Regardless of whether you believe Ivic was offered the job and turned it down or not, he’s remained favourite for the job all week just like Cook was the previous week.

Talking about Cook, his price has drifted but not massively. He’s around the price he was when he came back in the betting to be favourite for a second time.

Moore is a red herring IMO as there’s little chance that DC will look to appoint someone who is already in employment?

That leaves Thompson at 8/1 who started the week at 14. He’s definitely in charge for Sunday and who knows maybe in charge for the Coventry game too?

I see it as the bookies currently do, it’s going to be either Ivic or Cook but if all else fails they’ll give it Thompson?

• Thanks 1

Just give it Thompson  until end of season, because  any appointment at the moment is a lottery.

Rather stop all the speculation and get on with the rest of the season. 

If the players are happy with it then may as well for now , lets face it its not the time for someone to come in and try 

to suddenly change everything round. Not ideal I know but neither is this on going speculation. 

PS A sign a target man asap on loan.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Thank God for that.

Would have been great here.

Another we've missed out on.

Dinosaur. Another Pulis.

That's how you do it...... act quickly.

Panic appointment.

If we’d replaced Carlos with MM we would have been promoted ,IMO of course . Could / would he do it now with the awful squad we’re left with, probably not.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If reports are to be believed, they did and he turned them down.

Must think he's still in with a shout here then. Reported contract length the apparent  issue at Cardiff...he isnt going to get a longer one here, yet still keen? 

28 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Cook turned Cardiff down because they only want someone until the summer.

He said, get foooked, what do you think I am a foookin tulip.

But anyhow, would think if he was a confident mouthy scouser, he would say ok..but you will offer me a new one once I show how brill I am.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Must think he's still in with a shout here then. Reported contract length the apparent  issue at Cardiff...he isnt going to get a longer one here, yet still keen? 

Who knows? It may have nothing to do with the Wednesday job.

Perhaps he'd just rather wait for a job at a club who seem to be backing him a bit more than a six month contract would suggest?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1