Next manager odds

Predicted it a while ago WTF: 🙈:ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, Owls77 said:

Cook will be appointed Cardiff manager in no time.

On 16/01/2021 at 17:01, The Night-Owl said:

Cook will end up at Cardiff :ph34r:

Hopefully Thompson keeps getting results and saves us from the perils of DC's advisers taking advantage of his ineptness and lack of footballing knowledge

42 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Almost a week away from the transfer window closing and we're still managerless. No plan, no direction. We've had 2 weeks of no games so a perfect time to get a manager in and get some planning done, yet of course we haven't done that.

What on earth are we doing?

Honestly I have no idea...

Whatever happens now Chansiri has royally screwed up over this appointment.

1. If he brings in a foreign coach: they'll have no time to get up to speed with the league, assess the players or even get themselves settled. Any transfer movement will have to be made on their behalf.

2. He gives it to Cook or another experienced domestic manager: they'll obviously have an equally short time with the players before the games come thick and fast and a few days to rush to get any players in 

Or 

3. He gives it to Thompson: he'll at least have continuity, but he could have at least been given it weeks ago

Whatever happens it'll have been a monumental waste of the last few weeks, and our chances of staying up will have diminished as a result. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

1. If he brings in a foreign coach: they'll have no time to get up to speed with the league, assess the players or even get themselves settled. Any transfer movement will have to be made on their behalf.

2. He gives it to Cook or another experienced domestic manager: they'll obviously have an equally short time with the players before the games come thick and fast and a few days to rush to get any players in 

Or 

3. He gives it to Thompson: he'll at least have continuity, but he could have at least been given it weeks ago

Whatever happens it'll have been a monumental waste of the last few weeks, and our chances of staying up will have diminished as a result. 

Did you do the Road to Hell with Bob and Dorothy?

14 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Or 

But he'll have saved a couple of weeks wages even though it increases the chance of us getting relegated. Chansirinomics. 

25 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Or 

for me we need a manager with experience of working with a clueless chairman and has some knowledge of the English game. Thompson seems a good bloke but for me he hasn’t the knowledge and experience to get us out of this absolute crap show. Would be a massive risk giving him the permanent job imo, someone that hasn’t been a manager since 2004

Edited by WalthamOwl

23 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Did you do the Road to Hell with Bob and Dorothy?

Wasn't it The Road to Morocco?

I used to be called Cosby Blunkett after David Blunkett's guidedog... But when he karked it (RIP Cosby) I changed my name... I'm thinking something around Bill next, but he's a bit of a deviant so I'm open to suggestions?

Perhaps "Big Lisa's Dog"?

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

for me we need a manager with experience of working with a clueless chairman and has some knowledge of the English game. Thompson seems a good bloke but for me he hasn’t the knowledge and experience to get us out of this absolute crap show. Would be a massive risk giving him the permanent job imo, someone that hasn’t been a manager since 2004

We've had this already though, if the choice is between Thompson or a foreign no mark (which I think it most likely is) surely Thompson has a much better chance of keeping us up?

8 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

I used to be called Cosby Blunkett after David Blunkett's guidedog... But when he karked it (RIP Cosby) I changed my name... I'm thinking something around Bill next, but he's a bit of a deviant so I'm open to suggestions?

Cosby Kitchens?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

youve been told cook is being considered still? 

Yes, this was last weekend though!

Not heard anything else.

Strange that I feel I have to qualify I’m not a big fan of the owner before I post, 

but I think All this we’ve wasted time waiting to appoint talk is a little bit silly.

he didn’t knee jerk straight after sacking Pulis,

we’ve won 3 on the bounce which has bought him more time, 

the training ground was shut for a week so wouldn’t have been able to get any ideas across  and with COVID restrictions anyone from outside the bubble would need to isolate anyway 

I fully believe like I said in this and other threads I think the jobs been offered to Ivic but they’ve underestimated or not understood the brexit laws and are trying to get him through it, hence the back tracking put out through Dom early this week just in case he fails to get in