Next manager odds

5 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I want one of those obscure foreign coaches that looks like a professor and can kill you with one look, peering over his glasses while perched on the end his nose. And plays sexy football. Not too much to ask.

French guy managed an obscure Japanese team, Wenger is his name just the man. 

If it was 1994 again 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ivic currently 1/1 on skybet, Cook 2nd favourite at 4/1. 

Ivic would be a terrible appointment. None of the attributes Chansiri said he wanted and 22 games at Watford not sufficient to prove he's anywhere near what we need. 

To put his credentials into context, Neil Lennon has a far better record in a comparative quality league as Greece, the Israeli league even lower quality. 

13 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I want one of those obscure foreign coaches that looks like a professor and can kill you with one look, peering over his glasses while perched on the end his nose. And plays sexy football. Not too much to ask.

Agreed

ideally one of those random French or Belgian coaches who have been managing African national teams for last 30 years. Herve renard, Claude le Roy  etc.  Usually seen sweating on the touchline wearing a safari suit . 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Agreed

ideally one of those random French or Belgian coaches who have been managing African national teams for last 30 years. Herve renard, Claude le Roy  etc.  Usually seen sweating on the touchline wearing a safari suit . 

That really is all we need, a safari suit and a sexy French accent. Make it happen DC.

• Haha 1

I find it bizarre that Moore continues to attract interest in the market despite DC’s well known aversion to approaching managers that are in employment.

Interestingly the players seem to be talking up Thompson’s chances this week which may suggest a charm offensive has started to try and placate the fans should he be appointed which looks more likely as each day passes?

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

I find it bizarre that Moore continues to attract interest in the market despite DC’s well known aversion to approaching managers that are in employment.

Interestingly the players seem to be talking up Thompson’s chances this week which may suggest a charm offensive has started to try and placate the fans should he be appointed which looks more likely as each day passes?

There will be no fans in the stadium this season so there will be no booing etc. As for social media you just ignore it which is easier than thousands of vocal fan's.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I wonder just why it is taking so long to appoint a new manager. Still whittling down candidates? People turning the job down? Advisors arguing between themselves and pushing their choices?

All of the above plus DC taking an age to make his mind up as usual.

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Does anybody think we may have already offered somebody it but we’re waiting for new EU clearance on a work permit

ive still got a feeling it’s going to be someone no ones really suggested or been linked 

Me too, Jos mark 2, god help us.