Windass to West Brom?

Guest The Claw

30 minutes ago, vulva said:

Just a thought. Wasn’t Windass the only player we paid a fee for in the summer? Maybe Wigan are knocking on the door for the cash. 

From memory we paid it in one go because Wigan had to settle up for his purchase when they sold him to us.

I was just watching the boxing day massacre on YouTube...I was there and what memories.

Until recently it would have seemed almost impossible to imagine our club being in such a state that it could actually fold, but then again who would have imagined a worldwide pandemic that could decimate lives and economies.

Just in films eh..

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No disrespect to the local journos, they do a decent job covering games etc. But when it comes to transfers I don’t think they know anything more than the average fan. 

But the daily record reporter does? Or does that version just support your agenda better?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

I don’t know if there is any truth in this or not, but I find it amazing that a tweet about an article in a Scottish paper about an English second tier striker is automatically taken as 100% accurate down to the exact transfer fee because it’s a good excuse to pile in on the club/chairman again. 

I haven’t really seen much taking of it as 100% accurate. Just a bit of chat amongst some blokes on a Sheffield Wednesday fan page. As for the ‘good excuse to pile in’, of course it’s a good reason to raise concerns!

I can’t believe anyone wouldn’t be concerned if this comes to pass as reported! It would be a terrible indictment of how the club is being run. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not surprised in this one

Player wages not getting paid properly
Manager wants out but can't leave due to his contract

Looks like no other players coming in apart from a crocked 'Hutch'
Being played out of position up front on his own

Pulisball means you get one chance a game but have to be seen to be running about all the game anyway

etc etc etc

Reckon izzy Brown will clear off as fast as he can too

Really? 😕

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No disrespect to the local journos, they do a decent job covering games etc. But when it comes to transfers I don’t think they know anything more than the average fan. 

Remember Dom howson saying in an interview bout 1-30 pm as far as he knew Kachunga wasn’t really a target ( or we’d just inquired about him) 3 pm signed officially 

400k would be a joke of a fee.

I rate Windass and he's been one of the few players who seem likely to change a game this season... Having said that, for me he's completely wasted as a lone frontman (though I understand why he's played there) if we could get a decent fee and invest in a proper striker, then it might not be a bad thing.

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep, Daily Record journo's know loads more than local journo's lol

• Like 1