Windass to West Brom?

Guest The Claw

Guest wilyfox
Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Would be, but all this, if true smacks of an Antonio type deal. Club no doubt getting its pants pulled down as everyone knows we don’t have a pot to pee in.

I like Windass, but he’s no Antonio.

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Maybe Pulis saw Big Sam's 6-4-0 formation at Liverpool and thought he'd follow suit?

I would hazard a guess that T-rex and stegosaurus are pals so it wouldn't surprise me if they are in contact regarding a deal or two.

Not denying we’re f’d financially and this does worry me as he’s one of our better players.

But clearly he doesn’t fit with Pulis’ style, and if we’ve no money, then I guess we need to shift anyone out that we can to bring in people that can play this (admittedly horrible) style of football 

Just now, Shetland Owl said:

Think Pulis would walk if this happens, he rates Windass. That would leave Nil strikers - brilliant

What’s this obsession about Pulis walking out ??   In what world does he walk out of a job that he could be sacked from and earn a tidy pay off ?

Seriously, though...

What do we reckon Windass is worth?

If it were just another Championship club coming in for him, I'd expect around a million plus add-ons, but given that Premier League clubs are awash with cash, I'd expect them to pay a premium to take our main attacking threat off our hands during the January transfer window. 

£400k doesn't seem enough, surely?

If the report is anywhere near accurate, then it points to serious issues at our club.

If there are 3 clubs after him we can't possibly be accepting £400k.

Just signed a 2 year contract with option for a third, I can't see us getting less than £2m even in todays tight market. It's a buyers market unless there's competition to sign him, which there is.

I'd expect £2.5M to £3M

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again let me just point out that this could well be Pulis doing some wheeling and dealing

Windass is NOT a Pulis type player and wont' get a game after January

Pulis (and we) needs a new big brute of a striker who can hold the ball up, power headers in, hold defenders off and shoot on target

Big, muscley, powerful, angry and tall

That's why this move is being made

Windass won't get a sniff of football after January (like Rhodes now) so why keep him?

We should be welcoming this move not berating it

Absolute nonsense. I wish we hadn't gone for Pulis either, but it's just not true to say Windass isn't the type of player that Pulis likes.

Yes, he likes power up front, but he's often made good use of strikers with plenty of running in them too. The type that can stretch defences.

I can't imagine for a moment that this would be something within Pulis' plan for January if we'd only be receiving 400k for Windass. Forwards are your most costly position to buy for as it is.

• Like 1

Just now, cowl said:

Absolute nonsense. I wish we hadn't gone for Pulis either, but it's just not true to say Windass isn't the type of player that Pulis likes.

Yes, he likes power up front, but he's often made good use of strikers with plenty of running in them too. The type that can stretch defences.

I can't imagine for a moment that this would be something within Pulis' plan for January if we'd only be receiving 400k for Windass. Forwards are your most costly position to buy for as it is.

No way Windass plays in our team once Pulis has wheeled and dealed

No chance

Owlstalk Shop