Windass to West Brom?

Guest The Claw

surely this is a joke? why would a premier league club want to sign a striker what is fairly hopeless in front of goal? same regards the other clubs. i quite like windass and he dont get enough support up front but even for us id want him as a no3 or 4 choice striker . maybe agent talk and maybe to do with him wanting out regards situation on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agenda 

lol

National newspapers tend to have better connections then the local journos who work for the Sheffield Star. That’s why Nixon tends to be the first to break transfer news, as opposed to Alex Miller for example. 

That’s no disrespect to Alex. Perhaps he does know things but can’t divulge because it could risk his job. National newspapers are protected like that.

The local journos will get their info from the club or people related to it. Probably ask Pulis or someone at Hillsborough who’ll probably play it with a straight bat and keep tight lipped unless something is imminent and happening 

The national ones probably know a lot of agents or other hangers on who are more likely to blab because it’s in their interest to generate interest in a player as they make money from movement. That can work both ways though.. more likely to get access to rumours but also more likely to get fed duds just to get a players name out there even if there’s nothing concrete behind it

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

The local journos will get their info from the club or people related to it. Probably ask Pulis or someone at Hillsborough who’ll probably play it with a straight bat and keep tight lipped unless something is imminent and happening 

The national ones probably know a lot of agents or other hangers on who are more likely to blab because it’s in their interest to generate interest in a player as they make money from movement. That can work both ways though.. more likely to get access to rumours but also more likely to get fed duds just to get a players name out there even if there’s nothing concrete behind it

Yeah that’s a fair point. A lot of the times I imagine it’s the agent trying to get the players name out there to try and get a move. This could be the case with Windass. 

Just now, morganowl said:

surely this is a joke? why would a premier league club want to sign a striker what is fairly hopeless in front of goal? same regards the other clubs. i quite like windass and he dont get enough support up front but even for us id want him as a no3 or 4 choice striker . maybe agent talk and maybe to do with him wanting out regards situation on and off the pitch. 

I don’t think he’s really a striker. More of an attacking midfielder who can play as a number  10. He is versatile and that’s something Big Sam likes. 
Agree it seems a bit odd if he is on West Brom’s radar but can see other Championship clubs would want him. 
I would want to keep him and have him linking up play between midfield and a target man and creating space for others with his work rate.

• Like 1

I can see maybe, at a push, Bournemouth requiring his services but Watford and West Brom? They both have a fair amount of forward players and all 3 are under covid strains too financially (albeit not as in a mess as us) why would they carry a 5th/6th striker?

I mean we did but look where that got us!

I'm not here to question journalists, that's their profession, just offer an opinion on what has been reported. 

Just hope theres nothing in it

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah that’s a fair point. A lot of the times I imagine it’s the agent trying to get the players name out there to try and get a move. This could be the case with Windass. 

Just messaged my mate who’s missus works with his mum who he still lives with in Bradford.. see if he’s heard anything about him moving. Would imagine he’ll have to move out if he’s off to Birmingham, London or Bournemouth lol

2 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I can see maybe, at a push, Bournemouth requiring his services but Watford and West Brom? They both have a fair amount of forward players and all 3 are under covid strains too financially (albeit not as in a mess as us) why would they carry a 5th/6th striker?

I mean we did but look where that got us!

I'm not here to question journalists, that's their profession, just offer an opinion on what has been reported. 

Just hope theres nothing in it

We did sign Winnall when we were awash with strikers....

Guest Grandad
56 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Cant imagine the administrator at Wigan would have accepted payment by instalments when they were desperate for cash. Unless we were the only offer

Or the only club Windass would join

Guest Bulgaria
14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Or in Josh's case, hoping clubs get wind of his availability.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-premier-league-19530314

Sign him for 500k, sell him 5 months later for 400k.

Peak Wednesday 

lol

Where did the  £400k figure come from? Looks like a big wooden spoon to me unless Chansiri has totally changed his thinking in transfers 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not surprised in this one

Player wages not getting paid properly
Manager wants out but can't leave due to his contract

Looks like no other players coming in apart from a crocked 'Hutch'
Being played out of position up front on his own

Pulisball means you get one chance a game but have to be seen to be running about all the game anyway

etc etc etc

Reckon izzy Brown will clear off as fast as he can too

Lot of trash talk in there mate. Think mixing rightly held concerns with wild eyed doommongering isnt right.

It's difficult to rate him playing in this team, with the negative tactics we've employed. 

When people say he's the best striker we have - they should say he's the only striker we have. 

When people say we're skint, why does DC refuse to let £30k/week Rhodes leave, when he's had the chances, and yet none of his managers have played him regularly.

Nothing adds up to me - I just don't buy the we're done for and DC's looking to get out etc. It just doesn't add at all. 

It wouldn't surprise me that we end up spending big in January; stay up and re-build the team in the Summer. This could be the moment it started to happen.

Although of course I may be just going stir crazy watching too many 80s films.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

There is nothing conclusive to say that we will accept 400k for him.  All speculation. Let's wait and see what transpires.

Be careful, we don't do common sense on here. Any speculative story means you have to hate DC for letting it "happen"!

• Like 1