Windass to West Brom?

Guest The Claw

Just now, Bluesteel said:

One of the few shrewd investments we’ve made. Got to make a profit on it.

Yep.

Our utterly woeful transfer dealings are well-documented at this point, but Windass was the one in recent years who struck me as a really good deal. £400k for a forward with his attributes was a steal, and if he showed improvements whilst here, we could be looking at a decent fee for him.

That we might be letting him leave for even less than we paid after just a few months is crazy, but more importantly, very, very, worrying.

Especially when you consider that he's clearly the only forward player who Pulis can bear to play with any regularity!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If we have cash flow issues then it could be predicted just like P&S issues and dealt with accordingly.

Like perhaps signing a balanced team rather than collecting expensive centre halves?

Good job there is no money left for Pulis then, or we'd sign another three or four in January

Again let me just point out that this could well be Pulis doing some wheeling and dealing

Windass is NOT a Pulis type player and wont' get a game after January

Pulis (and we) needs a new big brute of a striker who can hold the ball up, power headers in, hold defenders off and shoot on target

Big, muscley, powerful, angry and tall

That's why this move is being made

Windass won't get a sniff of football after January (like Rhodes now) so why keep him?

We should be welcoming this move not berating it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

Given we are struggling to pay our players wages - IF we did get this deal through on staged payments - its feasible we are needing to sell him because we can't afford to pay Wigan the next instalment

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Again let me just point out that this could well be Pulis doing some wheeling and dealing

Pulis (and we) needs a new big brute of a striker who can hold the ball up, power headers in, hold defenders off and shoot on target

Windass won't get a sniff of football after January (like Rhodes now) so why keep him?

Can’t we sell them Paterson?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If this is the case, very surprised Pulis picks him every week. He’s stubborn Pulis, if he didn’t fancy him at all, he wouldn’t even bother starting him. 

I agree that he’s probably not Pulis cup of tea but I think there’s more to it than just Pulis doesn’t fancy him. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

If this is the case, very surprised Pulis picks him every week. He’s stubborn Pulis, if he didn’t fancy him at all, he wouldn’t even bother starting him.  

Disagree

I dont think Pulis likes any of the options and Windass is the best of a very bad bunch so gets the nod

But there's not a cat in hells chance he'd even make the bench in a fully formed Pulis squad

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We should be welcoming this move not berating it

What makes you think we are bringing anyone in in January? If we haven’t got the means to pay the players we have then the EFL won’t sanction any move.