Windass to West Brom?

Guest The Claw

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Would be bonkers from a playing perspective but we’re skint 

fizz, what an absolute nightmare 

We’d be even more skint. As the rules currently stand we’d have to amortise the supposed 100k loss over the theoretical 18 months of his contract and presumably pay off his remaining wages if we are selling him without a written transfer request. 

Be gutting to see him go but let’s face it, if you were employed by a company that didn’t pay your full salary and you went elsewhere you’d be a wise man.

He’s a very talented player who has the entire weight of our goalscoring expectation thrust upon him. Not the fault of the fans by the way, moreso the horrific recruitment plan that has left us with Jordan Rhodes as our only proper striker and he hardly qualifies as that.

In a broader sense it really looks like we’re wrapping up as a club. Nobody will sign a new contract if the wages aren’t being paid, I suspect we’ll lose more players than we get in January, and Pulis may yet still walk before season’s end. Relegation would be the end, but even staying up may not be enough.

• Like 2

Lads this is an old pals act.

Pulis: Sam - I haven’t got a big lump up front but I’ve got this nippy lad who can play a bit - will you take him at a couple of

million so I can get in Ricardo Fuller Mk2?

Sam: No probs Tony - just make sure

if  any of your lads see one of Dem Blavdes around town they tread on their toe or summat!

3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I think this is nothing but lazy journalism. The only way this is happening is if Windass wants out, but even then, he's under contract and there is no way we'd be selling him at an apparent loss.

Windass has not had his wages paid in full and plays for a club on the slide. Be more surprised if he didnt want out if other clubs were after him.

3 hours ago, prowl said:

I'd sell any of our players at the right price. Finding someone to buy them is the problem because a lot are on big wages.

£400k isn't the right price for Windass. £2M - £3M is the right price if it let's us bring in a CF to lead the line. If it doesn't then keep him. Basically if we sell Windass now without replacing him we will go down, it's as simple as that. How do you put a price on that.

Cant guarantee if we sell we would bring in anybody better...we still need 6 first steamers imo

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Windass has not had his wages paid in full and plays for a club on the slide. Be more surprised if he didnt want out if other clubs were after him.

I'm not denying the rumours, but do we actually know for sure he hasn't had his wages paid in full? Do we actually know what we paid for him and the fact that these 3 clubs are actually in for him? No, we don't. We don't know any of this for certain.

All we know is internet rumours, which may or may not be correct. If he's not been paid in full, and if any one of these 3 clubs have made a serious bid then yes, I wouldn't blame any player wanting a move to either a current PL club, or one which has a greater chance of returning. At the moment though, it's nothing but mere speculation.

• Like 2

This transfer would be a new low for the club - if this valuation is true it's an absolute mind-bender.

It would normally be something to laugh off - but it has all the hallmarks of the goings-on right now that I imagine its 100% true.

However, regardless of whether it is, what a complete prat Chansiri is for getting us in this kind of mess.  An absolute clown of the truly highest order.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We paid of the odds for him He doesn’t really suit the Pulis game, so if we can get most of our money back and replace him with a target men, then that makes sense

500k was not over the odds. 

3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Windass looks like the only threat upfront would be madness to sell for 400k. If we are selling him for that then prepare for league 1 as thats were we are heading.

He looks the only threat upfront because he’s the only player who plays upfront.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2